Ameriflight questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Secret Squirrel said:
Monday night to Friday morning is nice. That should work out better for ya. I have been out of AMF for a while but the experience served me well.

ss

I sure hope so. I guess I won't know till I try it. Thanks for all the info squirrel!

CH

Secret Squirrel said:
Monday night to Friday morning is nice. That should work out better for ya. I have been out of AMF for a while but the experience served me well.

ss

Secret Squirrel.....where are you flying now? Did you leave AMF after flying the SA227 or BE99? Hope all is well.

I left after the BE-99. I really liked the plane but left Ameriflight for a better QOL and other family issues. I fly for Express jet and I am very happy. I won't have the 1000 PIC as fast as some of my old AMF coworkers but the lifestyle fits me better. I run into a lot of AMF'ers at Express. Everyone has fond memories but is happy to move on. And I am not saying it was a better choice to go to the regional, just a better choice for me. (not trying to start a Cargo v Regional bash thread)

SS

yeah, well cargo is better...j/k. rent will be very cheap in vernon. i know we had an altus pilot (only 30 miles north) who was able to rent a three bedroom two bathroom house with a big yard for only $325 a month. i agree about diverting to altus. when wilbarger county was down, altus was always up, and the women prisoners are awfully happy to see you. be careful around sps though. they are always trying to nail you with a T 38 over ther.

the friday return doesn't happen anymore because the ama e120 drops into sps to pick up the freight.

Last edited:
DirtyBeech said:
yeah, well cargo is better...j/k. rent will be very cheap in vernon. i know we had an altus pilot (only 30 miles north) who was able to rent a three bedroom two bathroom house with a big yard for only $325 a month. i agree about diverting to altus. when wilbarger county was down, altus was always up, and the women prisoners are awfully happy to see you. be careful around sps though. they are always trying to nail you with a T 38 over ther.

the friday return doesn't happen anymore because the ama e120 drops into sps to pick up the freight.

I'm glad rent is gonna be cheaper. I guess that is one plus of living in lovely Vernon, Texas. LMFAO about the prisoners, makes me think twice about going there. Indocs going well, the teacher is weird as hell but I knew that going in :laugh:. If any you guys ever tdy in DFW let me know and I'll buy the beer!

CoolHands said:
Indocs going well, the teacher is weird as hell but I knew that going in :laugh:.

Yep, all of us have been there and done that and have our stories about ground school.

Maybe you'll luck out and get that same person to do your PA31 training or your checkride! :laugh:

How's the beautiful Ramada Inn treating you? :D

Best of luck to you!

ah, the indoc guy isn't so bad. quirky and funny in his own way. just don't ask any stupid questions or give and stupid answers. and see if you can stop staring at that three inch wide tie knot.

gotta love the ramada. i remember another gentle man with a lovely accent in the training department would ask me how i liked the rah mah daw. it only took me three weeks into indoc to understand he was asking me about the hotel.

Yo

Dude, you should go to SLC. Totally short on pilots and runs are "Ameriflight" great. You wouldnt sit reserve and its an all turbine fleet. We could use like ten pilots.

Latest resources

Back