• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Pilots? New Hours?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fine print???? The title of the paragraph covering it is "Turbine Retention Bonus" (in bold print.) And the word "turbine" appears 6 times in the section. So what is your gripe?

It also has the word retention in it, finding out your bonus is half of your coworkers because you started out in a Chieftain and he in a 99 does not encourage retention. It's the metro upgrade pay increase that does that.

Your right the policy is clearly stated in the employee handbook, I should have read it to know what to expect. But the post I was replying to did not even mention the "turbine" portion of it, I felt that need clarification as well as the true nature of what to expect for your first bonus if you start out in a Piston A/C. Sorry to imply it was hidden in fine print, but it should be called a "turbine reward program" as it is a reward for your time in a turbine aircraft.

Don't count on it. I did and was disappointed.

The fact that they go over it in detail during indoc. aside, why would you expect to get a percentage of a full year's salary for a turbine airplane if you only flew it for six months before becoming eligible? Seems like common sense to me. :rolleyes:

It also has the word retention in it, finding out your bonus is half of your coworkers because you started out in a Chieftain and he in a 99 does not encourage retention. It's the metro upgrade pay increase that does that.

Your right the policy is clearly stated in the employee handbook, I should have read it to know what to expect. But the post I was replying to did not even mention the "turbine" portion of it, I felt that need clarification as well as the true nature of what to expect for your first bonus if you start out in a Piston A/C. Sorry to imply it was hidden in fine print, but it should be called a "turbine reward program" as it is a reward for your time in a turbine aircraft.

Just wait another year and you'll get a whole year's worth of turbine retention.

Latest resources

Back