Ameriflight Pilots? New Hours?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rlosser

Hey All... I Just Got Hired On At Ameriflight. I Was Offered A Job At Colgan Air But Turned It Down For Better Pay And Pic Time.

Does Anyone Know About The New Schedule? 4 Days On 3 Days Off?

Where Do Most Ameriflight Pilots End Up?

It's not new, some bases try to get you the 4 on 3 off schedule when they have enough pilots. When they get short, they revert back to the 5 or 6 day schedules.

There's a thread on where AMF pilots end up, 7 pages and counting.

Hey All... I Just Got Hired On At Ameriflight. I Was Offered A Job At Colgan Air But Turned It Down For Better Pay And Pic Time.

With the pilot shortage at AMF right now, I doubt many bases will be seeing 4 days on and 3 days off. It's been around for a while at a few bases, but when short staffed it falls back to a regular 5 or 6 day work week.

Congrats on getting hired though. It's a great place to work.

Most all bases are hiring right now, so you'll probably get the first or second choice that you listed on your app so far as bases are concerned.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that schedule. If it ever does come back I'm sure it will be short lived... have fun at AMF, you will learn a lot..

Yeah, I hope they're not telling new hires/interviewees that because it's pretty unlikely I think. You may get a day off scheduled in here and there, but I wouldn't count on it. Especially as we move towards another lovely peak.

Good choice!!! Retention bonus!!

Good choice!!! Retention bonus!!

Don't count on it. I did and was disappointed.

Read the fine print in the employee handbook. It is a "turbine" retention bonus. It is only valid for the time you have spent in a turbine based aircraft. I got mine at the same time as a co-worker and it was almost half of his. He started out in a 99 and I started in a Chieftain. The bonus will be prorated only for the time you spend in a turbine aircraft.

Don't count on it. I did and was disappointed.

Read the fine print in the employee handbook.

Fine print???? The title of the paragraph covering it is "Turbine Retention Bonus" (in bold print.) And the word "turbine" appears 6 times in the section. So what is your gripe?

Latest resources

Back