Ameriflight Part 91 Instructing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

Did a search on this, but really couldn't find a clear cut answer.

I noticed on Ameriflight's website they have an opportunity for a Part 91 instructor job. What's the deal with these guys? Are they respected in the Ameriflight pilot group?

What about advancement? Pay? QOL?

Thanks guys...no flame here...just want some info.

Later

Seems like a good gig to me to get up to 135 minimums while also accruing seniority at AMF. Starting pay is the standard PA31 pay, but at time and a half when training. A lot start with 600-800 hours and move up to training captain in the 99 and usually are checkairman in the Chieftain and or 99 after 6 months or so. Some bid for a Brasilia FO position as soon as they can and others stay in the training department while filling in on line flights when needed. I only wish I knew about it when I had 600 hours...

I'm assuming an MEI with PA-31 experience is required? If not, what sort of times are they looking for? I saw they posted 900 TT with 100 dual given, but anything more specific?

Thanks

Last edited:
JSky26 said:
I'm assuming an MEI with PA-31 experience is required? If not, what sort of times are they looking for? I saw they posted 900 TT with 100 dual given, but anything more specific?

Thanks
Actually the magic numbers are 902.7 TT, 104.3 multi, and at least 115.1 dual given. :rolleyes:

How much more specific do you need??

MEI, 900TT, 100 dual given. Right there on their website that you said you looked at. Reading comprehension IS a requirement, PA31 experience is not. Some multi dual given would probably make you more competitive. You might be able to get on with somewhat lower time, but you'll never know unless you try.

It seems like a good opportunity (if you don't mind living in Burbank).

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses.

I don't have quite the TT. All I'm doin' is trying to look down the road a bit.

EatSleepFly,

From your personal viewpoint, what made you decide to get on with Ameriflight opposed to maybe AirNet and becoming an SIC for them? Seems like they hire guys with your time as well over there.

Also, this might be a dumb question but I'm curious if you looked at any regionals too? It seems like the regionals might pay a little more but Ameriflight might offer more stability and better QOL? Do a lot of guys stay on and get their 1000 turbine PIC or jump ship early to a regional?

Thanks again.

JSky26 said:
EatSleepFly,

From your personal viewpoint, what made you decide to get on with Ameriflight opposed to maybe AirNet and becoming an SIC for them? Seems like they hire guys with your time as well over there.
OK, I was half joking with the "reading comprehension" remark in my post above, but now I'm serious. :)

You jumped to a lot of conclusions, somehow. I didn't say how much time I have, or that I even work for Ameriflight. I didn't get on at AirNet because I didn't even try. I mostly flight instructed the old fashioned way until I got the magic 1200 hours, and then flew single pilot freight for another company prior to moving over to the one I'm at now.

OK, I was half joking with the "reading comprehension" remark in my post above, but now I'm serious. :)

Haha, I guess I took you too literally there....sorry bout that. Back to 3rd grade for me..:)

JSky26 said:
Thanks for the responses.

I don't have quite the TT. All I'm doin' is trying to look down the road a bit.

EatSleepFly,

Also, this might be a dumb question but I'm curious if you looked at any regionals too? It seems like the regionals might pay a little more but Ameriflight might offer more stability and better QOL? Do a lot of guys stay on and get their 1000 turbine PIC or jump ship early to a regional?

Thanks again.

Regionals dont pay more. You could easily get get 1000 pic turbine here and two type ratings in around 3 years and make more money cumulative in those three years by far over any regional. Im at first year pay and I make more than any 1st year regional fo and more than most new great lakes 1900 captains. QOL might be better at a regional if you value variety, FA's, easyness of job and jets over weekends off, home most nights, and more money.

Wow, I didn't realize it was almost the other way around with 135 cargo and regionals... I guess whatever floats your boat. Thanks for clearing that up.

Get on with a good regional...I can tell you from experience the QoL is much better. ME turbine CREW 121 PIC is the key to the big boys. I flew for AMF and the idea of skipping the regionals by logging 1000hrs PIC in the B-99 is a little far fetched...Folks can go from AMF to the majors, but the numbers are small. JMHO. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back