Ameriflight jumpseat and PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

I will be posting this in the cargo forum as well.

The 2 most sensitive subjects in aviation: jumpseating and PFT.

Well Ameriflight sucks at both: PFT pukes get to bump captains from the jumpseat! That's right folks, you heard it right. It happened to me twice in 4 days.

Last friday I tried to go home for the weekend. The plane was full and had room for only one jumpseater. My mistake I didn't plan on a PAYING FO that needed to go my direction for training! Ops. made it clear that she had top priority. Thank God I improvised a backup and made it home only one hour later. They make it clear during ground school that it is PFT FO's responsibility to take themselves to their training assignments and that captains always have precedence on FO's when it comes to the jumpseat, but I guess it works different in the real world... After all, they are PAYING CUSTOMERS!

But wait, it's getting better: tonight I am not going home for the weekend. I am still going home, but this time on a training assignment! I'm supposed to train tomorrow. But too bad for me, another captain has to go that way because he is sitting reserve tomorrow night and there is a PFT FO in the airplane! 2 jumpseating captains going on a work assignment, one jumpseat. The $1,000,000 question: who gets to stay and take the next plane in 4 hours? If you said the FO, you lost. I get to stay and wait!!! That's right folks, PAYING FO's that are not even NEEDED to fly the airplane (we fly everything single pilot) are more important than captains being moved for assignments!!!

I have always disagreed with PFT, but tolerated it. Now, I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for those pukes. And even less for a company that treats its pilots like that. It is just WRONG. Where is this world going? If I end up with one of those, I guaranty they will have a hell of a ride!!!

Buck

I'd bump your arse too. At least I'd get the $5 extra an hour instead of a lump of nothing next to me.

Trout said:
I'd bump your arse too. At least I'd get the $5 extra an hour instead of a lump of nothing next to me.
Ouch... Sounds like a great place to work!

It's been a while since I left Ameriflight, but if I remember correctly, if they needed you somewhere on company business, they should buy you a ticket if you can't catch a ride on one of the company aircraft.

Also, how come you guys don't allow other jumpseaters anymore? AirNet does...

Your right they should have bought him a ticket. However, that is only when there isn't a chance of traveling on a company flight first. Sounds to me like the ball was dropped several times and I am willing to bet he had one long duty day. Maybe even a little too long! Some one should have had sence to send him over to the hotel and get him rested.

Loosing jumpseat

yes, from what I heard Horizon and Southwest are the only two companies that have recip agreements for jumpseating and because horizon found out that they were sending there pilots on our aircraft for company business they will be loosing there recip with us. What a company.....

P F T

buckdanny said:
The plane was full and had room for only one jumpseater. My mistake I didn't plan on a PAYING FO that needed to go my direction for training! Ops. made it clear that she had top priority. Thank God I improvised a backup and made it home only one hour later. They make it clear during ground school that it is PFT FO's responsibility to take themselves to their training assignments and that captains always have precedence on FO's when it comes to the jumpseat, but I guess it works different in the real world... After all, they are PAYING CUSTOMERS . . . . 2 jumpseating captains going on a work assignment, one jumpseat. The $1,000,000 question: who gets to stay and take the next plane in 4 hours? If you said the FO, you lost. I get to stay and wait!!! That's right folks, PAYING FO's that are not even NEEDED to fly the airplane (we fly everything single pilot) are more important than captains being moved for assignments!!!
That is rich. You know what they say, the customer is always right! And, bottom-line, despite delusions to the contrary, a P-F-Ter is a customer and not a real crewmember. Or, in your situation, P-F-Ters are regarded as cargo - which is what they are - because they provide revenue.

Sorry for your despicable experience. Once more, friends do not let friends P-F-T.

Thanks for posting. You saved me the cost of a stamp sending my application to Ameriflight. Despicable.

Peanuts

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I would never work for Ameriflight, nor any other company that insists on P-F-T!

Latest resources

Back