• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight and Metro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
planejockey....they hire with 135 IFR mins...1200 TT, 500XC, 100 night, 75 instrument, 50 ME (100+ preferred)....see the website for specifics... http://www.ameriflight.com/Employment/PilotOpps/requirements.htm

skyhwk74...We currently have six 99 runs out of PHX. A seventh run only flies one day per week and can't really be considered a 99 run since it's a Metro the other 4 days of the week. We have ten 99 pilots who currently fly the 99(two are 1900 pilots...but fly the 99 since there are no 1900 runs in PHX at the moment). Two 99 runs are outstations and will be locked up for a very long time. As Vegaspilot99 said PHX is pretty set on pilots all the way around. It's a fairly senior base and tends to get it's fair share of bids for transfers from other bases. With so many pilots, the best way into PHX will be from the bottom in the PA31 when positions open up. If I had to take my best guess, the PHX 99 and Metro positions that open up will be filled with transitions currently at the base.

Does anyone ever stick around to get into the lear, or is that movement non-existant? Are the 1900 and Metroliner single pilot ops? Thanks

psysicx....SAN isn't a base, however a number of the BUR runs end up at MYF. From what I understand BUR is fairly senior for 99s, most of the 99 runs are out of ONT...maybe some of the BUR/ONT based 99 folks could chime in on this.

Geronimo4497....Yes, the 1900 and Metro are both single pilot ops. Not sure how many stick around for the Lear - the Lears seem to be primarily in CA.

BUR and ONT

hello everybody,

I am based out of BUR/ONT (they consider it one base) and fly the metroliner. It's senior enough to where there is no way your going to come in off the street and move into either it or the 1900. Im barely holding on to a line out of ONT and it seems that might end here shortly. I think that San Juan is probably your best bet. PHX and SEA are unlikely as they both have a lot of metroliner pilots doing not too much. Hmmm....why not just call them? They are friendly enough and always looking for good pilots. Hope this helps.

See ya,

Barracuda

I flew the 1900 out of CVG until '99. At that point, we had 2 1900's(and 2 1900 routes) and 3 pilots for it(including the base ACP). There were about 10 Metro routes then, and about 12 Metros. The base ACP was CVG based and qualified in both the 1900 and Metro.

All routes were outstationed, the only CVG domiciled were the reserve Metro pilots. It seems they have Brasilia's there now, but those are likely very senior. I have no idea how many Metro's or 1900's they have based there.

Routes that are outstationed are bid on and once awarded the route, you cannot be bumped from it. If the route goes away, you must re-bid....but as long as the route exists, you're golden. This is how it worked 6.5+ years ago, anyways.

I thought CVG was reduced to basically ad hoc runs after the recent changes in DHL. I know that a number of the CVG pilots came to PHX.

As for the BUR/ONT runs. BUR has 3 99's operating late night/early morning. and 1 sitting reserve.

ONT on the other hand is pretty busy seeing its all for UPS. Six 99's out of ONT that I can think of off the top of my head.

only PA-31 flights end up in MYF. Which right now is 3.

Latest resources

Back