Ameriflight and Metro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigDave

I am looking for some info on Ameriflight, specifically about the Metro or 1900 captain positions. I did a search but did get much info. I am interested in the standard stuff, like, what are the bases for the Turbo props? Which ones are the junior bases? What are the schedules like, are they Monday through Friday? For the most part are the flight schedules like, are the late night, or is it more like the early morning fly some where, sit for a few hours, fly back in the afternoon?

Also if any one else has transitioned from 121 FO over to Amerflight and has some insight on this please chime in.

We operate the Metro/1900 out of all our bases with the exception of CVG for the 1900 (I think). Senior or junior bases? BFI for the most senior and San Jaun for the most junior in my opinion.

Schedules, most operate on a Mon-Fri or Mon Eve thru Sat Morn. There are some that operate nightly four nights a week.

In regards to a 121 FO (regional?) coming to AMF I don't think it will be an issue. However, why would you want to come to AMF and fly freight? PIC time?-just curious.

TheDogsBollocks, thanks for the reply, as for leaving the wonderfull world of 121, I am on airline number 2, year number 4 and close to upgrade, but now it is not going to happen, I need to try something different get some PIC turbine time and stop messing around with the regionals. How hard is PHX to hold in the metro, or ONT?
Thanks

BigDave said:
TheDogsBollocks, thanks for the reply, as for leaving the wonderfull world of 121, I am on airline number 2, year number 4 and close to upgrade, but now it is not going to happen, I need to try something different get some PIC turbine time and stop messing around with the regionals. How hard is PHX to hold in the metro, or ONT?
Thanks

Unless the company is in dire need of Metro pilot's you may not be hired into it, however you may get a direct BE99 (turbine PIC) slot depending on your experience and company needs. I don't fly out of PHX or ONT but I do know that the Metro runs run quite senior in both those bases.

Also due to the reduction of DHL runs out of PHX I believe they may have an excess of Metro pilots there right now-any PHX or ONT/BUR care to chime in?

i'm pretty sure that ONT only has two metros operating out of there. as per PHX, i think it's pretty hard to get the metro slot there, and the runs are really really short.

I left a 121 job back in July to come to AMF. Main reason was I wanted to stay in PHX and second to get the last 300 hours of PIC turbine I needed (that and I hated the regional I was with). I went straight into the Metro and I have been really happy with my choice to come here. Great group of guys in PHX. Right now we only have 5 runs in PHX on the Metro and like 13 guys to staff it. We are pretty fat on Metro pilots. I think BUR/ONT, SLC, or maybe PDX would be your best bet to get a metro slot. With the exception of the night BUR run, all of our metro runs are leave about 7am and get back to PHX about 7pm. If you're serious about coming here, then give it a shot. I think it's a great place to be right now. PM if you need anymore details. Later~

Vegaspilot: Any 99 runs available out of PHX? I did the 99 FO program back in '04 and looking to leave 121 to come back as well.

There are 5 99 runs out of PHX (pretty sure it's 5 off the top of my head, might have missed one). Two of the 99 runs are outstationed and spoken for. Right now I think the PHX base is pretty set on pilots all the way around. Could be wrong though. I know of a little movement in the Metro, but haven't heard anything in the 99.

I used to fly AMF Metros out of CVG and am wondering whats going on there nowadays? Are they still based there doing on-demand work, or do they fly DHL runs out of Wilmington? Thanks!

As for the ONT Base; 4 Metro runs. 1 for DHL and 3 for UPS.
As for the BUR Base; 1 late night metro run.

As for the 1900. nothing out of BUR, 3 out of ONT
we also just bought 10 new Aircraft 5 1900's and 5 99's. More aircraft
more pilots.

The ONT runs usually, show 0430, Dep, 0530 fly for 2-3 hrs depending on your run. layover for the day and depart and be home at around 8. It all depends on your run though.

The BUR Runs, first one leaves 2100 gets back 0120 and thats your night.

These are all just examples and all go by senority.

IMO Bur is the most Senior, but all the Metro training is in BFI.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Latest resources

Back