• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America's Deadliest Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After last week, Squirrel, not sure I'll make it to 10 years. Pulled the fire truck outta the barn twice this last week for mx issues. At least I made it somewhere that had a fire truck....

Guys, it's simple numbers and they are not open to interpretation outside of the fact that there are sectors of professional aviation that are more dangerous than others. My take on that is this: who knows where I'll end up working over the course of my career. I've already instructed, towed banners, flown cargo in Central America, worked for an airline, and now I'm corporate.. . . I hope to stay where I am, but who knows. We all get around.

These stats on the table in front of us are in terms of deaths per 100K workers. If more pilots per 100K pilots died last year than did Wal-Mart employees then we simply work in a more potentially lethal industry than they do.

What does this have to do with pay?

And people think we get paid too much!

"Ninety aircraft pilots died in crashes and other accidents."

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/career-articles-america_s_deadliest_jobs-961
The public does not care what a pilot is paid, they only care about how much a tickets costs and for advance purchase will switch airlines for a $1 in fare difference. Adam Smith had it all figured out in 1780. At the present pay there is no shortage of people wanting to do this deadly job, unlike being a member of an EOD team on the police force.

Latest resources

Back