• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fxbat said:
TWA Dude
De facto protection
Care to elaborate ?

Sure. The bottom 1200 or so of the combined seniority list is all ex-TWA and we have zero furlough protection. The rest are dovetailed in with non-TWA pilots. The non-TWA AA pilots have flow-back and mandatory early-out options which makes it very difficult for them to be furloughed, unless of course force majeur is enacted. Since all furloughs must be in reverse-seniority order those senior ex-TWA guys can't be furloughed without AA guys getting it first. Thus they enjoy de facto protection.

Skydiverdriver, this should answer your question as well.

Re: The missing link...

Batman said:
Skydiverdriver--here is the missing link...

The reasons that ex-TW pilots crew there own planes is because their cockpit layouts and procedures differ from AA's. Every pilot has to be re-trained to AA specs and some of the ex-TW will be reconfigured to make them identical to AA's. It took many years before the ex-Reno pilots were able to mix crews and aircraft.

Even though the callsign and the paint are the same they are seperate airlines operationally. TWAllc is on a completely seperate certificate. Not only would it require differences training, it would also require Indoc.

None

Tuesday is the latest word. Stock up on KY. I wonder if we can get a bulk discount if we are with AMR. Or a free lifetime supply?

question for anyone that flies for American: If the rumors are true about 1000 more furloughs, how far back in calendar years will the most junior pilot be. I have a couple of former co-workers that fly there that I have lost touch with and I am just wondering if they will still be working. Thanks

Not sure where Monday came from, all sources have said it would announced on the 13th. That would be Tuesday. Should know tomorrow what our future holds.

AAflyer

dogg,

Just thought I would peek at the board before I went to bed. I am pretty fried or I would go research for ya. Will do it tomorrow, but will give a WAG. I think it puts them into the early to mid year 2000. Once again it is a wag, but I don't think I am that far off.

AAflyer

AA flyer thanks for the info and any more that you feel like posting. Hope you are still in the saddle. I tried for number one but ended up at number nine. Thanks again

dogg said:
question for anyone that flies for American: If the rumors are true about 1000 more furloughs, how far back in calendar years will the most junior pilot be. I have a couple of former co-workers that fly there that I have lost touch with and I am just wondering if they will still be working. Thanks

With the announced "up to" 550 furloughs (ex-TWA only) the junior guy will be a 1996 hire. But don't worry about your friend unless he is in STL.

Why is AA targeting the Fokker 100 for elimination? Is it the number of seats, efficiency, higher mx, etc? Just curious because it's a nice ride (quiet, roomy) as a passenger.

if they use the terms "Shrinking to profitability" in their anouncement then as elmer fudd would say " be afraid be verrry verrry afraid". that was a popular phrase in the early 90's. They will also make you pay full price for KY.

machspeed

Latest resources

Back