Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
First off, all the American crews have been wonderful the few times I have actually gotten to J/S on AA or Eagle.

WTF is up with their gate agents and jumpseating policies?

This is the second time now I ended up in MSP when I should have been home HOURS ago thanks to American's jumpseat policies........THANKS AMERICAN! I swear my success rate on them is like 10%. WTFO??? Their gate agents are so friggin preoccupied with checking to see if you are "on the list" it is unbelievable.

When I need to j/s somewhere and the time I want to go has an American flight, I always dread going on it and I am proven right every friggin time.

ARRRRRGHHHHHH!

First off, all the American crews have been wonderful the few times I have actually gotten to J/S on AA or Eagle.

WTF is up with their gate agents and jumpseating policies?

This is the second time now I ended up in MSP when I should have been home HOURS ago thanks to American's jumpseat policies........THANKS AMERICAN! I swear my success rate on them is like 10%. WTFO??? Their gate agents are so friggin preoccupied with checking to see if you are "on the list" it is unbelievable.

When I need to j/s somewhere and the time I want to go has an American flight, I always dread going on it and I am proven right every friggin time.

ARRRRRGHHHHHH!

What happened?
UPS is on our list and CASS, so shouldn't even be an issue?

And your policy for us and AA and everyone else to ride free on your airline is.....................?

Ok smartypants....

My point is is that everytime there is an issue.....guess what? That's right....I am at the American ticket counter not anywhere else.

I believe, unless there was a recent change, that American will not allow international JS. Canada included.

From the very second that AA opened up the jumpseat in the '90's, their agents have been a HUGE PAIN IN THE A$$! Don't feel bad, they treat their own pilots like crap on a regular basis.

More warm-fuzzies from AMR... :rolleyes: TC

Personally, I've never had a problem with AA gate agents, and I commute on them usually twice a week. Nothing but friendly and professional.

Um, you DO know the secret handshake, right??

jumpseated twice on AA and the gate agents both times were rude and I listed both times.

Flightcrew were great both times. I've heard the same thing that just getting pass the gate agents is a pain in the butt.

My advice, do the seinfield thing when your ordering soup from the soup nazi.
Walk up, hand your credentials, say you like to jummpseat and yes you've listed and step back :)

Latest resources

Back