Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Pilots & Management Near a Labor Deal? Really?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Really? After all that Horton and his team have done to marginalize the pilots and delay and distract, etc.? After all of the big management bonuses and continual lying?

So, what's the likely improvement in contract terms vs what has been offered before? Any estimates? Still offering a B-scale for the upcoming A319 pilots?

This deal would need to be much better than any previous deal and one that would overcome the urge-to-merge with USAirways and its somewhat better management team... The carrot to labor must be huge or Horton will have to leave town with his $50 million golden parachute...

It better be good for the pilots! Here's the news clip:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-pilots-union-close-000906512.html

He's got to get it done...Had lunch with an Eagle management type, he swears they are sitting on a huge Bombardier AND Embraer order for 75 seats plus! (200 or more planes!)

He could never announce that until AA signs the papers! Otherwise he could never get it to pass!

Good Luck to us all,
KBB

He's got to get it done...Had lunch with an Eagle management type, he swears they are sitting on a huge Bombardier AND Embraer order for 75 seats plus! (200 or more planes!)

He could never announce that until AA signs the papers! Otherwise he could never get it to pass!

Good Luck to us all,
KBB

Yup, so far the airline soon to be formerly known as Eagle, Skywest, Expressjet and Republic are signed on to receive these jets. It is a very big order.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, just.....

Pay
Retirement
and
SCOPE - regional flying

Such small details to be worked out. And there there is that Ch 11 thing and potential merger with seniority issues. It is practically an air-tight done deal!

Anyone notice the APA full page ad in today's USA Today?

What? Excuse me? Oh wait - I was looking at your avatar/picture! WOW!!!! Definitely NOT a FA at my airline!

Back to our discussion...

By the way, I know nothing about any big potential deal involving Bombardier - but I certainly hope it would include C-Series jets if they are going that way. Personally, I'd rather have mainline fly those aircraft (including C-Series) and not the super-regional. Keep those at mainline!

Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
– Scope remains as the biggest unresolved issue as the two sides fight over the size of jets that regional partners could fly. The difference is three seats and 7,000 pounds– APA wants a ceiling of 76 seats and 86,000 pounds and American wants to go to 79 seats and 93,000 pounds.

One airplane clearly fits this 79 seat 93,000 pound profile.....the CRJ-1000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone notice the APA full page ad in today's USA Today?

GetContent.asp

ps... the contract details are out. IT SUCKS JUST AS BAD AS LBFO#1!!!

Two choices: NO and ******************** NO

Latest resources

Back