American jumpseat question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynryan15

Is there a number to list or is it just show-n-go?

Thanks

You will have to call and list. Don't have the number but as I recall the non rev number was only open M-F 8-1400. And most the gate agents will refuse you list you at the gate. I have heard some have better luck with the ticket counter.

Chairman

Thanks guys! Do the 737-800&757s have 2 jumpseats?

Thanks guys! Do the 737-800&757s have 2 jumpseats?

The 737s only have one. The 757s I've been on have 2. They may have some with 1, but every AA 757 I've jumpseated on had 2.

Is AA your only option? It's not worth enduring the harassment by the gate guards, er, I mean "agents".

TC

Is AA your only option? It's not worth enduring the harassment by the gate guards, er, I mean "agents".

TC

Everyone complains about the gate agents at AA. Maybe I'm just lucky but I have had no issues when I have had to jump on AA.

The 737s only have one. The 757s I've been on have 2. They may have some with 1, but every AA 757 I've jumpseated on had 2.

Some have 2.

The new delivery 737s come with one. Look at the flight deck windows at the gate, new ones don't come with the eyebrow windows, no 2nd jumpseat.

And the ones with 2 jumpseats will be down to 1 eventually for (what else?) reducing expenses.

Latest resources

Back