Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gas Man

I fly RJ's!
I live in the US and have a FAA ATP and was wondering if I got a job with a Canadian airline, what I need to do with reguard to my FAA licence, if anything.
Also, is there some sort of work permit, eh?

You need a work permit to work in Canada. Find a hot canadian wife...I did!! then get your Canadian ATP (20 Question test. $100) and a new medical ($100).. Good luck finding a good job up there!! they are very very hard to find!! Plus you pay 40% tax!!! ouch!!

Yep, in the same process, already have my Canadian citizenship; I'm working on the ATP conversion. Hoping it might translate into a job with Air Canada here someday in case this whole mess here goes to pot.

Most Canadian pilots I've spoken with have seconded remarks about the highly competitive, small job market however. I think there's a lot more canucks who fly in the USA than vice-versa.

If you have twin ottter time you may get hired on the West Coast flying from YYJ-YVR. very hard market to find a good stable job. If you have lots of heavy time and lots of PIC time there are some good... not very stabel jobs out there.

Hi!

U don't have to marry a Canuckian. We had a guy who got his landed immigrant status, and he and his wife were US.

I am doing the same thing. Saw a Falcon 20 job in YYZ, but can't do it as no status or Canadian licenses. My CEO is from YYZ.

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back