American Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xshuttlefa said:
Anyone have any input on the Cleveland American Flyers? I see from other posts that experiences vary from location to location, anyone go to the Cleveland location or know of someone who has?

(see my post)
BKL = Burke Lakefront = Cleveland.

Whatcha wanna know?

How was your experience there, how long ago,etc. Never mind, I just read your post, :). It doesn't seem like a bad deal, as long as you can complete the rating in a month. Are you instructing now, fisherman?

Last edited:
xshuttlefa said:
How was your experience there, how long ago,etc. Never mind, I just read your post, :). It doesn't seem like a bad deal, as long as you can complete the rating in a month. Are you instructing now, fisherman?

If I had it all to do over again I wouldn't go back. They charge waaaaay too much and at the time the guy running it (Anthony) was simply a greased haired used car salesman. I'd say stay away. When I said..."It was a very expensive weekend" I wasn't kidding. I flew under 5 hours, spent some time in their little frasca trainer (just the basic frasca 140 series with no monitor) and the total cost was on the order of $3000. $3000 is what I spent on my entire private pilot certificate working at the FBO.

If you do go...keep one hand on your wallet and (if you're a woman) the other on your behind with the horndog CFIs there. That doesn't leavea ny hands to fly with! :eek:

FlyingFisherman said:
(if you're a woman) the other on your behind with the horndog CFIs there. That doesn't leavea ny hands to fly with! :eek:
Please explain?????

siucavflight said:
Please explain?????

What's there to explain? If you gave your high school chess club CFI tickets that's who they had working there at the time. It's questionable that some had even touched a woman but that didn't stop them from trying. It was pretty entertaining.

Latest resources

Back