Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TAZ MAN

Hi Guys,

I was just curious how long to upgrade are people guessing for American Eagle new hires.

Are people happier there now with all this flow though stuff in the past?

Taz

It is anyones guess on upgrades. Right now most jr jet capt awarded is a 10/30/2006 doh.
There has been a lot of movement which I think has been making everyone a little more happier. I am not 100% on the flow stuff, but I know there is another group of 250 or so that could be flowing by winter and another 850 guys with the option to flow once AA starts hiring off the streets. Just in the last 10 months I've moved up 90 guys in base.

It is anyones guess on upgrades. Right now most jr jet capt awarded is a 10/30/2006 doh.
There has been a lot of movement which I think has been making everyone a little more happier. I am not 100% on the flow stuff, but I know there is another group of 250 or so that could be flowing by winter and another 850 guys with the option to flow once AA starts hiring off the streets. Just in the last 10 months I've moved up 90 guys in base.

Thanks for the info.

What bases are new hires generally going to out of training?

Yeah, upgrade time is 5 years if you were hired in October 2006. If you're hired today, don't think it will be 5 years for you too. Eagle has one of the largest fleets of 37 and 44 RJs in the industry. With gas prices the way they are, the 50 seaters are hitting the desert. Imagine where the 135s/140s will be once AMR gets to ream Eagle come contract time. Enjoy it while it lasts, but AMR has been trying to get rid of Eagle and diversify their feed for a long time. They cannot spin it off yet because no one can afford to buy Eagle, a carrier with higher costs than competitors like Republic or Pinnacle. Eagle's just too expensive, even from the pilot side, and their head union guy admit it too in public release.

Yeah, upgrade time is 5 years if you were hired in October 2006. If you're hired today, don't think it will be 5 years for you too. Eagle has one of the largest fleets of 37 and 44 RJs in the industry. With gas prices the way they are, the 50 seaters are hitting the desert. Imagine where the 135s/140s will be once AMR gets to ream Eagle come contract time. Enjoy it while it lasts, but AMR has been trying to get rid of Eagle and diversify their feed for a long time. They cannot spin it off yet because no one can afford to buy Eagle, a carrier with higher costs than competitors like Republic or Pinnacle. Eagle's just too expensive, even from the pilot side, and their head union guy admit it too in public release.

Don't choose a company for the upgrade go for what will allow the best qol. Main factor would be picking a company that will allow you to live in base.

Latest resources

Back