• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle & Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take it from a 4 year guy who never got to see the left seat... leaving the stable paycheck for a crack at some turbine PIC time actually works out good. There are plenty of good 135 operators out there who are hiring captains off the street. Sure, the QOL is going to blow vs what you're probably bidding now, but turbine PIC is turbine PIC!

I've been fortunate enough to finally hit that 1000 turbine PIC mark and have been able to meet people and make contacts for some major 121 jobs. Things are looking up!

Two pretty good companies I can suggest right off the bat are Air Cargo Carriers out of MKE (www.aircar.com Shorts and Falcon 10s I think) and Phoenix Air (Gulfstream I's, II's and Lears). Heck, even Ameriflight will hires right into their -99's and Metros.

Just some suggestions. Good luck, but whatever you do stop believing the carrot they're dangling in front of you will ever be reachable unless you're willing to wait years and years.

Actually the "official" answer has been revised to eliminate the mention of 2006 recalls. Oh well.....

labbats said:
Where do you suggest we go? Mesaba? Furloughing. Comair? Furloughing. ExpressJet? Possibly furloughing soon. Independence? Chapter 7.

I guess Mesa is hiring.

Air Wisconsin is hiring like gangbusters. Upgrade time stands at just over 2 years right now.

Swaayze said:
Actually the "official" answer has been revised to eliminate the mention of 2006 recalls. Oh well.....

Wonder if anyone in the puzzle palace/ivory tower got their wrist slapped for disclosing too much.

Consolidation is going to continue at the "regional" level.

If you leave, my advice would be to go to a fractional, or a more reputable 135 operator. I hate to say it, but I don't think this part of the industry has come close to hitting bottom yet. MESA and CHQ have a lot of room to keep screwing it up.

Latest resources

Back