• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

american eagle or airmidwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to AirMidwest. I heard they are going to buy Comair and branch off of Mesa to do operations in China. Quick upgrade.

If you want to be a FO for half your life, go to Eagle.

blingair said:
Some of the best advice I've heard in a while.

I would run away from this business as fast as you can. Low wages, no QOL,
away from home more than half the time so look forward to at least 1 divorce,
no retirement, blah,blah,blah. But I'm sure you will be with a Major within 3 years and living the dream right? I would recommened the medical field or go into business for yourself or the Military. Don't beat yourself up buddy. I'm sure you "love to fly" but that love will be gone after getting hosed for a few years.

HS

if PIC is all that matters to you and you want to help drive the industry further down go to AMW/Mesa

if working for a company that will give you good equipment, pay and QOL then Eagle is the place.

depends on you........a number of the captains I fly with when asked where they got their experience, go fetal and hide in the corner when they have to say mesa.

I don't ever want to be embarrassed of where I have worked....I would feel shameful going to Mesa "just to get PIC" time.

Holy Shiite said:
I would run away from this business as fast as you can. Low wages, no QOL,
away from home more than half the time so look forward to at least 1 divorce,
no retirement, blah,blah,blah. But I'm sure you will be with a Major within 3 years and living the dream right? I would recommened the medical field or go into business for yourself or the Military. Don't beat yourself up buddy. I'm sure you "love to fly" but that love will be gone after getting hosed for a few years.

HS

You know a lot of guys on here say that; some of the people I work with say that. I got to say its getting old. If all you do is bitch about how bad the industry is and how much you job sucks then why don't you take your own advise and quite. Otherwise quite bitching and enjoy your life a little more, (I'm sure who ever you fly with would enjoy it more). Better yet you take all that energy you save and work on making whatever sucks about your job better.

I'm done now.

How anybody can compare Air Midwest to Mesa is beyond me. Every 19 seat EAS tprop operator pays garbage (AMW, Colgan, Commutair, Regions, etc etc) and has crummy QOL for commuters. You can also upgrade in 8-18 months at most of these places and after 3 years of beatings have your 1000PIC. If you can't get hired on at a major, you can always go fly corporate or charter and be instantly insurable in any King Air and most other turboprops.

AMW may be owned by MAG, but they are not the same thing...

BoilerUP said:
AMW may be owned by MAG, but they are not the same thing...

you're right. it's worse.

a jr CA can expect to sit on their arse in PIT or DUJ and fly little.

Latest resources

Back