Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avratdwc

All,

What are the junior bases at Eagle. In short, I live close to MIA and would like to be based there. How long is reserve and is it possible to get 100 hours per month? Wanting to make the move from corporate to airlines.

Thanks in advance,

Avrat

Don't waste your time at a regional, especially if you have turbine PIC. if you've got 3000 or so hours, just wait it out and go straight to a major or got to Spirit or JetBlue or somebody like that.

Real
Hiring hasn't started yet, but it won't be long. Go to a job fair.

But don't waste your time at a regional

Thanks for that. In all honesty that is what I want. 4600+ tt with turbojet type ratings, turbo jet PIC etc. I have been sending my stuff to Spirit all the time yet cant get any attention and I live 45 min away.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. But, I am also finishing up my degree so I dont know if that is going to hold me back once the windows open up.

Thoughts??????

Thanks for that. In all honesty that is what I want. 4600+ tt with turbojet type ratings, turbo jet PIC etc. I have been sending my stuff to Spirit all the time yet cant get any attention and I live 45 min away.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. But, I am also finishing up my degree so I dont know if that is going to hold me back once the windows open up.

Thoughts??????

All indications with Spirit is you WILL NOT be given the time of day if you don't spend the time/money to go to one of their job fairs. They only interview from people that have attended and talked with their recruiters.

Last guy is right. There is hiring going on at the majors right now, but it is still pretty exclusive. Job fairs or being a minority is about the only way in at this point. That will change in a couple of years, but that's how it is right now.

With your quals, stay the hell away from the regionals. You will gain NOTHING by getting RJ SIC time other than a healthy disdain and hatred of this profession. Of course, you might lose some weight from starving to death on poverty wages. It's not worth it. Hold out for somewhere worth a crap. Apply to everybody and wait it out. I guarantee what you are doing now is better for your r?sum? and your sanity than first year reserve at a regional making about $19k a year.

Apply to all legacies, southwest, Virgin America, Spirit, JetBlue, even Allegient. Wait it out. Keep getting PIC time and making decent money. I'd be willing to bet that pretty much anywhere you go will be a 1st year paycut of fairly hefty proportions. The hiring is going to continue with no end in sight, and you have the quals for a major.

GO TO A JOB FAIR. It's a f-ing stupid ripoff, but its the best, quickest way to get hired, and right now your only shot unless you are a minority, have a space shuttle rating, or your Daddy is a chief pilot somewhere. This will change in the near future, but its going to take some time.

Above all, don't go to a damn regional. Don't waste your time and your sanity. You gain NOTHING by accepting a job at a regional.

I've done corporate, 135, and 121. I've made the jump. PM me if you have questions

Capn,

PM on its way. I am waiting for JB to open their window again. I have heard its going to be soon.

Thanks,

To answer your questions. Ive been on RSV in ORD for over two years. Even with the flows and people jumping ship I wouldnt count on seeing a line for at least 18 months. Theres no chance in hell youll get 100 hours a month on RSV, especially in MIA. If youre lucky youll get 30 hours. DFW and ORD are the busiest but most average 60-70/month. I think the only hiring right now is into the CRJ so your only options are NY and ORD. As much as I want people to come here so I can finally get off reserve I would not recommend it, especially with your qualifications.

Latest resources

Back