American Eagle jumpseat out of Canada

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandstorm

I'm hoping to catch a ride in the am out of YOW on Eagle. Can anyone who works at AE confirm that Canada would be considered domestic as far as cabin jumpseating goes. I know AA/AE have the same agreements, and I'm pretty sure AWAC isn't on the intl list. I did do a search, but most of the stuff I found pertained to the jumpseat in the Caribbean. If someone who works for Eagle can let me know that would be great. Thanks.

I have taken Air Canada a few times. They are great to Jump on. YOU MUST LIST OVER THE PHONE!

OK. For future reference if anyone is in CYOW Ottawa, there is no CASS up there so no jumpseating on AE even if there are seats.

You shouldn't need CASS for a seat in the back. Last several times I've tried, AA/AE considers Canada international and OH isn't on their crossing the border list either. Mother DL is, however. I've taken AA riders, though, and would like some reciprocity!

Pinnacle no longer takes AA/AE jumpseaters out of Canada due to reciprocity... So the info above sounds accurate.

I've jumpseated on AC, they worked great. However, you need to list on the phone (factor in a good 30 mins on hold), the jumpseat forms are held by the captain and require a lot of information, like your chief pilots name, company phone number, etc. Just need to factor in some extra time for AC.

Last edited:
I've jumped out of YOW several time on AC and Northwest. Just let the ticket agents know that you need a seat in the back (they are not trained well up there) I always carry a copy of the jumpseat agreement...this always straightens them out

Good luck

Latest resources

Back