• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

American Eagle jumpseat out of Canada

Sandstorm

Total Time
I'm hoping to catch a ride in the am out of YOW on Eagle. Can anyone who works at AE confirm that Canada would be considered domestic as far as cabin jumpseating goes. I know AA/AE have the same agreements, and I'm pretty sure AWAC isn't on the intl list. I did do a search, but most of the stuff I found pertained to the jumpseat in the Caribbean. If someone who works for Eagle can let me know that would be great. Thanks.

BlackPilot628

Total Time
5000+
I have taken Air Canada a few times. They are great to Jump on. YOU MUST LIST OVER THE PHONE!

Sandstorm

Total Time
OK. For future reference if anyone is in CYOW Ottawa, there is no CASS up there so no jumpseating on AE even if there are seats.

Hovernut

Home Based Again!
Total Time
You shouldn't need CASS for a seat in the back. Last several times I've tried, AA/AE considers Canada international and OH isn't on their crossing the border list either. Mother DL is, however. I've taken AA riders, though, and would like some reciprocity!

altimaklr

Total Time
Pinnacle no longer takes AA/AE jumpseaters out of Canada due to reciprocity... So the info above sounds accurate.

I've jumpseated on AC, they worked great. However, you need to list on the phone (factor in a good 30 mins on hold), the jumpseat forms are held by the captain and require a lot of information, like your chief pilots name, company phone number, etc. Just need to factor in some extra time for AC.

Last edited:

tired

Total Time
I've jumped out of YOW several time on AC and Northwest. Just let the ticket agents know that you need a seat in the back (they are not trained well up there) I always carry a copy of the jumpseat agreement...this always straightens them out

Good luck