• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure if it's fresh but when I interviewed. They made you wait for about 39 hours in the holding room and you only did about 30 minutes of actual real productive anything during the whole interview event. The rest of the time you just sit around wondering what you'll be doing the next 8 years as an FO. The best part was they put you in the briefeing room for the sim, the guy actually spends 30 minutes trying to teach your how to turn an airplane and make it go up and down. Then you wait for another 7 hours for your turn. Then you also wait for a few more days sot that the review board determines if it's ok to hire you as an ERJ space shuttle commander. Whatever happened to show up next monday like most other regionals.

Fellow DFW Pilots,

It has come to our attention that a furlough of some of our fellow Eagle pilots may be imminent. At present we do not know how many pilots will be furloughed. We do know that management hopes to make a decision within the next few days. Recently, Eagle management indicated that they believe our airline is “over staffed” by as many as 130 pilots. We feel that for the first time in a long time, staffing levels are finally what they should be in the jets! ATR staffing in DFW continues to be a disaster!

Doug and I also question the financial responsibility of furloughing pilots, training replacements generated by a displacement bid, and the retraining of returning furloughed pilots! The cost of retaining these pilots and maintaining staffing levels must be explained, especially if additional ATR’s and/or CRJ’s are to arrive on property.

Sadly, if your Eagle seniority finds you on the bottom 100, please prepare yourselves for possible furlough. It is our sincere hope that management’s actions won’t cut this deep. Although we don’t have many answers at this time, we felt it was incumbent on us to give you as much heads up as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the MEC office at 817.685.7474 or either Val Jester or Doug Gibbs.

Respectfully,

Val Jester
Chairman, LEC 83
[email protected]

Doug Gibbs
Vice Chairman, LEC 83
[email protected]

I think this was a joke.

I was going to ask if Chicago Express was hiring also.

Not sure if it's fresh but when I interviewed. They made you wait for about 39 hours in the holding room and you only did about 30 minutes of actual real productive anything during the whole interview event. The rest of the time you just sit around wondering what you'll be doing the next 8 years as an FO. The best part was they put you in the briefeing room for the sim, the guy actually spends 30 minutes trying to teach your how to turn an airplane and make it go up and down. Then you wait for another 7 hours for your turn. Then you also wait for a few more days sot that the review board determines if it's ok to hire you as an ERJ space shuttle commander. Whatever happened to show up next monday like most other regionals.

That's probably what they do to guys with HoJet on their resume.

have you ever thought that this is another way they evaluate you? Maybe to see if you start talking stupid to the other canidates? Some would consider it stressful sitting in the room waiting. Just another test. The sim, well they are seeing how quickly you can learn something and how you handle it. When i did mine, I flew the saab sim and talked to the sim evaluator the whole time. The person before me, well she wasn't asked to attend the medical screening the next day. Not saying it is the best, just saying it is different. At the time eagle was willing to spend the money on the interview program to see if the canidate had a good chance at completing the program.

Eagle used to have a very stringent supplemental medical as well. Well beyond what your AME performs. They also have an excellent training program as well.

Latest resources

Back