American Eagle hiring minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Anyway, back on topic...I just verified the info a second time, at www.americaneaglecareers.com. Definitely 1000 TT, 100 multi now.
Hey English,

I called and spoke w/ Greg about 2 weeks ago and he said the mins were 1200/200. The only exception to the 1200 were university grads. If the mins were lower, someone needs to inform him.

SigAV8R said:
Hey English,

I called and spoke w/ Greg about 2 weeks ago and he said the mins were 1200/200. The only exception to the 1200 were university grads. If the mins were lower, someone needs to inform him.
The mins were lowered yesterday.

Things like this happen. They are having a hard time getting enough applicants, so they lowered the mins. Be flexible.

English said:

Things like this happen. They are having a hard time getting enough applicants, so they lowered the mins. Be flexible.
Thx English

FN FAL said:
What are they going to do next? Do like they did back in the old sailing days and put something in your grog while you're sitting at the tavern getting your drink on?

One minute you're talking to some slice, drinking a beer and enjoying the moment...next thing you know, you'll wake up in some stinky ATR with somebody cracking a whip on your behind, yelling at you to do some work and reminding you your new name is Toby.
That, sir, is a hilarious post!

:D

English said:

Gee. I can't imagine why they can't get applicants.

rptrain said:
That, sir, is a hilarious post!

:D
Thank you sir! As much as I try to sound like or not sound like a bull in a china shop or a gruntled or disgruntled cynical whatever...badda boom badda bing...I gotta go mix another drink...

English said:
They've now been lowered to 1000 TT, 100 multi. That's right, 100 multi.
It's even worse than that. Someone on aviationinterviews.com posted the following today:

Date of interview 2004-07-28
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
Total flight time: 870
PIC flight time: 600
PIC TURBINE flight time: 0
Instrument flight time: 50
Total multi engine flight time: 110

IHF

I think that is a "bridge" person.

Minimums for regular folks are still 1000/100.

If you are called for an interview, be sure to ask why the website says reserves can expect 10 to 12 days off when in reality it's always 10. That's a big difference. Make sure you do your homework and don't believe everything the website says about quality of life issues and upgrade time. In AMR's eyes, desperate need of pilots calls for desperate actions.

Latest resources

Back