• Major updates to Logbook Pro for Android and APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook for 117 are now available. Minor update for Logbook Pro on iOS devices. Click to learn more: APDL 11, Logbook Pro for Android, Logbook Pro for iOS. Update your devices today.

American Eagle -- Any word from recent interviews/hires?

U-I pilot

Relaxation....
Total Time
Congrats! Where were you instructing in MI? (SE michigan as I remember). Maybe I can steal your old job!
PM me.

threegreen

Mmmm, I look good.
Total Time
From what I understand the base assignment in class goes by age, oldest picks first.

Is it possible to commute on reserve; do you HAVE to live in domicile? How senior is BOS?

Thanks for the info and congrats on the job bodean!

OPECJet

Total Time
Curious what the reserve guestimation is for a new hire over there.

I Hate Freight

Total Time
A lot.
OPECJet said:

Indefinite. There is NO growth at Eagle. Hiring is for attrition only. Reserve on the jets will be years.

K

kj6991

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPECJet

BoDean congrats on the job. that's a great accomplishment. before you go to class, really decide if that is where you want to be. i have some friends out there and they are kickin themselves in the ass. you'll be on the right side for a loooooooong time. that might not mean much now, and i might get furloughed tomorrow for that matter, but take it for what it's worth. you can expect to be on reserve for a while and i promise you that will get old really quick. a captain i flew with not to long ago was at eagle for 6 years with no upgrade anywhere in sight and he left. and that's after 6 years!! on the other hand congrats. things could change tomorrow. study hard for class and happy holidays

flyinglow

Total Time
enough
Enjoy it you all. You can stay for a year or so and get some jet time and leave like everyone else. That is the main reason for the attrition. New people making lateral moves to other regionals.

PacoPollo

MILF HUNTER
Total Time
Lots
I rather be on reserve for long time without worrying about my paycheck than a "quick" upgrade to a 121 bankrupt carrier.

TheRaven

Runway Sweeper 3rd Class
Total Time
14000+
PacoPollo said:
Not to pee in your cheerios, but consessions in the near future..

Good Luck!

Last I heard was a 2.7% raise January 1 for everyone at AE.

Latest posts