Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle -- Any word from recent interviews/hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoDEAN said:
Have an interview scheduled for first week of December. Been hitting the Gleim ATP Knowledge Test book. A lot of new information in there coming from someone with no 121 experience. I heard the interview process is very tough and detailed. I guess it will be a lot different from the Mesaba interview I had a few months ago. Curious if anyone has been down to DFW lately for an interview and their experiences. I know they are interviewing today (11/14/05).
Thoughts appreciated.

Didn't you just become a CFI like a year ago? Or has time really flown by? I have a good friend who is a FO at eagle for 1.5 years and loves it. If you get based at ORD let me know and we will party it up. Best of luck!

daysleeper2621 said:
How in the world does Eagle keep hiring when their upgrade average is anywhere from 8-10 years??

Desired domiciles, stability, flight bennies, pay that's moving up in the ranks (since everyone else is slipping)....everyone has their reason. There's little movement right now, but you can still put together a good schedule as an FO. Some of the recent hiring has been for attrition, and some has been for growth.

BoDEAN said:
Interview went well. Made the cut on the first day. The medical wasn't as bad as I thought. Now I play the waiting game for a call.

Congrats! Hopefully you'll be getting the call soon. If we fly an overnight sometime, drinks are on me!

fwrdobservr82 said:
yeah i think flight instructing is way better.

Whichever you enjoy more- that's the name of the game. You might be an FO for awhile at Eagle, but there's stagnation at most airlines these days. Pick whichever path you will enjoy most. Just don't come to Eagle if you're going to complain and be bitter- we already have enough of those types here!

Didn't you just become a CFI like a year ago? Or has time really flown by?

Yea....no kidding. I remember the posts about posting flyers and getting students and a first CFI gig. Thats great to see. I am almost in the same spot myself with upcoming interviews....
Hope things work out for ya...

U-I pilot said:
Yea....no kidding. I remember the posts about posting flyers and getting students and a first CFI gig. Thats great to see. I am almost in the same spot myself with upcoming interviews....
Hope things work out for ya...

This past November made 2 yrs of being a CFI. Time does fly by.

Nope, no growth whatsoever. Hiring is for attrition (mostly FOs hunting for those elusive greener pastures).

<< cue's up Van Halen - Standing on Top of the World >>

Looks like 1.23.06 is the magical class date at AE. Wow, years of hard work, finally starting to pay off. Right now I am very very very happy.

BoDEAN said:
<< cue's up Van Halen - Standing on Top of the World >>

Looks like 1.23.06 is the magical class date at AE. Wow, years of hard work, finally starting to pay off. Right now I am very very very happy.

Congrats Bo Dean.....Waitin for my call also, fingers still crossed!!Oh my god I could'nt imagine getting in an aircraft and not having to repeat right rudder at least 500 times!

Latest resources

Back