• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It took me a while but some guys don't get it. My Dr told me once after I said I don't work OT with guys on furlough "if theres an other knee to be done I find a place, it doesn't go to the guy down the street".Made me look at my contract a bit different."

THIS is exactly the type of guy I'm talking about.

It's all about him, and he justifies his position with a very POOR analogy.

He doesn't grasp the simple fact that he is in a Union. Doctors generally aren't. They are in competition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez...the fact that I am wasting my time here indicates that I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Maybe I should pick up some open time?

WHAT is wrong with me?

Dang, now I am enraged and full of "self-anger" again. Oh HELL! I just threw my Beer Bottle at the wall, AND IT WAS FULL. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

" Calling Dr. Eaglefly. Calling Dr. Eaglefly. Report to the Psych Ward immediately. Code Red. Inner Child throwing tantrums. Calling Dr. Eaglefly..."

YKW

Last edited:
I see my work here is done.

Long live BIG RED.

I would rather have stayed at TWA and make a what I was making than be a slave to AMR.

"It took me a while but some guys don't get it. My Dr told me once after I said I don't work OT with guys on furlough "if theres an other knee to be done I find a place, it doesn't go to the guy down the street".Made me look at my contract a bit different."

THIS is exactly the type of guy I'm talking about.

It's all about him, and he justifies his position with a very POOR analogy.

He doesn't grasp the simple fact that he is in a Union. Doctors generally aren't. They are in competition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez...the fact that I am wasting my time here indicates that I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Maybe I should pick up some open time?

WHAT is wrong with me?

Dang, now I am enraged and full of "self-anger" again. Oh HELL! I just threw my Beer Bottle at the wall, AND IT WAS FULL. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

" Calling Dr. Eaglefly. Calling Dr. Eaglefly. Report to the Psych Ward immediately. Code Red. Inner Child throwing tantrums. Calling Dr. Eaglefly..."

YKW

Good one.

"Dr. Eaglefly" assures you, you have no "inner child"........but Eaglefly is only a student with more questions than answers. Eaglefly has discovered the course and realizes it will be long and difficult, but the payoff is the only one worth having.

You shouldn't really be against the picking up of open time. By that logic, you should pass on an upgrade or bid a less desirable schedule or base and place the needs of another first.

That's OK too.

My apologies if commenting on my last few years pay was perceived as a statement of superiority. It wasn't meant that way. I've been exceedingly lucky in that respect for that period. But, this world of duality has insured I've been less than lucky in other areas.

This ride could end tommorrow and it's been great to make some decent (not fantastic) money over the last few years. I also realize that next to the important things, it's meaningless.

Last edited:
I'll make 126K at Eagle this year, but I sure work harder than an Super 80 pilot. 401(k) match is dollar for dollar at 8%, which is better than many non-airline company.

Last 36 months W-2's total 352K, so considering the airline storm the last 5 years, I've been lucky and know it. A large portion of that money was invested to seed a retirement fund......the way the governments running this country, I'll need every penny in 20 years.

..........and who would've thought that was possible from a little RJ puddle Jumper and 16-year contract to boot ?

Dude

You are so full of crap... There is no way you made that much(at $97/hr) working so little. Step away from the crack pipe!!!!!!

I know! and $106 an hour is pretty high looking at other payscales. It sucks flying for the leagacies. In fact I presume most pilots will not accept recall, and it will be very hard to find other pilots willing to fly our low wages when we start to hire. Avoid all Legacies!! Or if you are just picking us out over everyone else than RUN!!

AAflyer

Ok, I am getting tierd of people at the legacy carries complaining about how bad they have it. You guys STILL have some of the most cushy jobs in the industry. I know the pay isn't what it used to be, but get a clue, it isn't like that ANYWHERE. Take a 6 month leave and get another job in aviation. You will HOPEFULLY have a new appreciation for your present job.

I know it is easy to sit around and complain about how bad you have it, but it really is insulting to those of us on furlough. If you really think it is that bad at AA, QUIT. No one is holding a gun to your head making you stay there.

AAFlyer, this isn't just aimed at you, you just happened to be the thread that I quoted.

Latest resources

Back