• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines on CNN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was another instance where the person in question was making "unusual and suspicious remarks" and the other pax were concerned and brought it to the attention of the crew.

It wasn't like the CA went through the cabin saying "eeny, meeny, miney, moe, you look like an A-rab so off you go".

Maybe he didn't handle it correctly but, these days, if he had let the guy ride and the other pax were anxious and disagreed, THEY would have sued and the media would be busting the CA's balls for not erring on the side of caution. TC

you don't know what the captain was thinking and you can't play monday morning quaterback and second guess a capt. decision.

I guess the NTSB is out of a job.

I'd hate to see captains authority eroded based on this case and I'd don't want paying customers denied the right to fly based on superficial suspicions.

If some of you that have more details (captains side) about this case I'd like to hear it.

I agree that no one should be denied boarding without reason, but even if the Captain just didn't like the way the guy looked , do you think he deserved $400K.....that is complete bu!!sh!t. I know there is always more to the story but unless he was verbally and physically abused, $400K for being kicked off a flight is stupid. Let's hear more facts about this story.

Don't worry about the 400K. AA attorneys get around that every day. I'm sure the appeal is already being drafted for the next round.

What i said was in the context of this post. The NTSB has power to investigate accidents and make recomendations. They have nothing to do with what we are talking about. Go back to momy.

OK. Forget the NTSB. Captain's decisions are questioned all the time. In this case it will be questioned by his CP and at the executive level. Then the lawyers will question them. Captains are only gods for the time they are on the aircraft. Once they are off every decision can be questioned.

Have you ever even been a captain?

Who's momy?

Once they are off every decision can be questioned.
Yes and the answer is "In the interest of safety I decided..." .
Thats what they pay us for.WE are there they are NOT. jmo

You think that either the TSA or some gate agent is in a better position to determine if these pax were a security threat? Let me tell you mosdef, the TSA is more interested in trying to identify pilots with alcohol on their breath and the gate agent is more worried about getting the flight off their gate so they can run outside for their next smoke break.

If a TSA agent or gate agent makes a wrong decision, they still get to go home to their family that night.

Latest resources

Back