• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines crash in Jamaica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to use the rain repellent all the time, it worked extremely well when it wasnt all gummed up. So well that after you had a good coating of it on the window you didnt need the wipers any more. Its amazing how many Pilots didnt want to use it at all. I know guys that used to carry RainX with them after they removed the repellent. Next best thing if you were going to be in heavy rain down the line but you just needed to plan a head. I agree, it was a Bad Mistake to remove the repellent.
I was told that we have the liberals to thank for the removal of rain repellent. Supposedly it is considered a hazardous material and not good for the environment. I don't know how true that is, but supposedly those are contributing factors to why it has been removed.

I am a user of RainX. You do have to plan ahead, but it can make life much easier for you, especially on that last approach on a long day in driving rain.
Every now and then you'll be paired up with that ahole, know-it-all pilot who'll preach to you about how RainX might damage aircraft windows and that it's not FAA approved, yadda yadda. F 'em Just don't put any on his side :)

OK, which runway did they land on? Or attempt to land on?

Anybody know what their duty day was like?

Well all I can say is THANK GOD THEY WERE NOT REGIONAL PILOTS or there would be real mayhem at this airport! oh ummm wait.....Regional guys would surely have cras.......oh ummmm wait! If not for the major guys flying this thing there would have been people hur......... oh ummm wait! If not for the Major guys flying there would surely have been people killed....lot's of them! cause those regional pilot's can kill people!!! Ya that's it!

"all the sarcasm intended" WE ALL CAN DO IT ANY TIME!!!

wow.. was this a 738... tough. what was the delivery date on this puppy?

How's it feel MCDU?

Because I really can't understand little internet dweebs who sit at a keyboard typing with one finger while playing with their M&M sized stones with the other, making comments they're too gutless to make in public.

If you made that comment in a bar with a bunch of AA guys, you'd get your faced bashed in, and rightly so.

Why? Most of the Sky NAAzi's I know have a pretty good sense of humor.

I was told that we have the liberals to thank for the removal of rain repellent. Supposedly it is considered a hazardous material and not good for the environment. I don't know how true that is, but supposedly those are contributing factors to why it has been removed.

I am a user of RainX. You do have to plan ahead, but it can make life much easier for you, especially on that last approach on a long day in driving rain.
Every now and then you'll be paired up with that ahole, know-it-all pilot who'll preach to you about how RainX might damage aircraft windows and that it's not FAA approved, yadda yadda. F 'em Just don't put any on his side :)

Maybe it's your airline that doesn't use it or have installed...we have rain repellent on our Airbus's. Works great!

Latest resources

Back