Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American...Airbus?...Announcement Oct 6th?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Deli Guy

Lots of chat about a "big" announcement Oct 6th. Airbus 321's to replace 75's. New York discussed. What the intelligence? Another "jumpseat rumor" or some fact?

Lots of chat about a "big" announcement Oct 6th. Airbus 321's to replace 75's. New York discussed. What the intelligence? Another "jumpseat rumor" or some fact?

Buying A321's to replace 757's is like buying a Lincoln to replace a Beemer. They may cost the same, be the same size but the can't do the same things.

Buying A321's to replace 757's is like buying a Lincoln to replace a Beemer. They may cost the same, be the same size but the can't do the same things.

Your right, but they sure can fly routes like JFK-MIA alot cheaper than a 757 can. It is obviously not a good airframe for flights longer than about 5 hours or shorter fields, but there are alot of 757 routes that could be done cheaper with 321's.

Yeah???? Short to medium segments with high volume the A321 might be better. South America and the other long segs that AA does with the 75, not even an option with the 321....... The boeing is a MACHINE.....the 321 is a gutless pig....they may have the same capacity, but i would change the automotive comparisons to that of an M5 and a Plymoth Volare......

Yeah???? Short to medium segments with high volume the A321 might be better. South America and the other long segs that AA does with the 75, not even an option with the 321....... The boeing is a MACHINE.....the 321 is a gutless pig....they may have the same capacity, but i would change the automotive comparisons to that of an M5 and a Plymoth Volare......

Why buy the M5 when the pax pay for a Plymouth? You COULD just slap "Luxury Liner" on them and no one would be the wiser. :)

Why not just buy 737-900ER's and keep a common type rating? Unless they are trying to get a common fleet type for their future merger partner (US or B6)?

10/6 should hear some trans-atlantic expansion from ORD or JFK, havent heard anything about new aircraft/fleet types.

Why buy the M5...
...is like buying a Lincoln to replace a Beemer
...but i would change the automotive comparisons to that of an M5 and a Plymoth Volare......
Beemers suck, go Audi! ;)

Why not just buy 737-900ER'
I could be wrong, but doesn't the -900ER require special training? I know that under JAA you can fly all 737NG series with a TR except the ER type. Not sure if it is the same under FAA regs.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but doesn't the -900ER require special training? I know that under JAA you can fly all 737NG series with a TR except the ER type. Not sure if it is the same under FAA regs.

CAL flies all models with just differences training. And from what the CAL guys have said, there's not a whole lot of differences between the 900 and the 900ER. I think one guy told me it was just a 2-position tail skid.

Why buy the M5 when the pax pay for a Plymouth? You COULD just slap "Luxury Liner" on them and no one would be the wiser. :)
Put a HEMI in that Plymouth...M5 wouldnt have a chance...:cool:

Latest resources

Back