American 77 Pentagon Crash Video Released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 Virgins?

Is it 100 virgins now? Is that virginflation?
What do female suicide bombers look forward to?
I didn't think lesbian orgies were approved of in Islam.
Or maybe they get lots of dead David Spades.

the math behind the speed..

So a couple of cheap time lapsed cameras can't photograph a 350-400 kt
B-757?

Let's see..

Say doing some rough math
Assuming 400 mph.

The 757 would travel about 3.5 times its length each SECOND.
Look at the video again and picture a 757 flying through 3.5 times it length in each frame of video.

And apparently the terrorist did a hell of a job flying it.
LOW and he did hit some things on the ground on the way in.

I don't think this government could pull off a conspiracy as complicated as hiding a 757 shootdown.

FWIW.

8vATE said:
So a couple of cheap time lapsed cameras can't photograph a 350-400 kt
B-757?

Let's see..

Say doing some rough math
Assuming 400 mph.

The 757 would travel about 3.5 times its length each SECOND.
Look at the video again and picture a 757 flying through 3.5 times it length in each frame of video.

And apparently the terrorist did a hell of a job flying it.
LOW and he did hit some things on the ground on the way in.

I don't think this government could pull off a conspiracy as complicated as hiding a 757 shootdown.

FWIW.

STFU... logic serves no purpose in this thread

Grommet said:
I was in the building that day and felt the impact. I have friends that saw the plane impact.

The reason its hard to get it on tape or to get rocksolid eyewitnesses is that the plane was moving very fast in a place that no one was looking for it. If you are looking perpendicular to the flight path ,like that security camera or the average driver on the highway, the time the full speed airplane is in your field of view is just a fraction of a second. Without an expectation of it being an airplane, it takes all your brain bytes just to figure out that it is an airplane. You just don't have time to make a more positvive ID.

Correct, and the cyclic rate or frame rate of the camera in use is typical of a security camera, about half the rate of a camcorder. So you are not going to see much, as the frame rate is to slow.

I don't find anything particularly credible in any of the Flt 77 conspiracy theories. Nor do I see anything that shakes my faith in the "official story."

What did catch my attention was the discussion about the collapse of WTC 7 on the website http://www.wtc7.net/ . I remember the collapse and some pictures of the damage it took from WTC 1 collapse, but never gave it a whole lot of thought. After looking at the videos of the collapse, man, it looks EXACTLY like footage I've watched of numerous old Vegas hotels being demolished. That, combined with the hasty disposal of evidence and lack of any detailed investigation, and you've got the basis for a pretty good conspiracy theory

UALjan15 said:
I don't find anything particularly credible in any of the Flt 77 conspiracy theories. Nor do I see anything that shakes my faith in the "official story."

What did catch my attention was the discussion about the collapse of WTC 7 on the website http://www.wtc7.net/ . I remember the collapse and some pictures of the damage it took from WTC 1 collapse, but never gave it a whole lot of thought. After looking at the videos of the collapse, man, it looks EXACTLY like footage I've watched of numerous old Vegas hotels being demolished. That, combined with the hasty disposal of evidence and lack of any detailed investigation, and you've got the basis for a pretty good conspiracy theory
well, the TOWERS resembled a building implosion too!

frog_flyer said:
well, the TOWERS resembled a building implosion too!

Nah, not to me....I thought the collapse looked consistent with the "pancaking" theory. But watching #7 come down just looks too perfect. Not that I'm buying into the conspiracy, but there are some things that make you go "hmmmm."

pipejockey said:
There had to be people out and about that clear day who saw a speeding low flying aircraft. Why don't they speak up?

You obviously did zero research before posting this, which pretty much sums up your intelligence level. Take 5 seconds next time for an internet search before you post crap. It will make you seem more intelligent, at least.

8vATE said:

This is the most salient point in this thread. Hell, this government can't even manage a press leak properly, much less cobble together a cover-up of a 757 shootdown.

This administration may be morally and intellectually bankrupt, but even I don't think they are dastardly enough to pull off what some of you are suggesting.

OK, lets face these conspiracy theories:

A missile hit the Pentagon.

The planes that hit the WTC were pilotless drones controlled by some helicopter during their terminal trajectory.

NASA never put men on the moon. It was all done using mirrors.

A carburetor that would make cars get 100MPG was bought by the oil companies and destroyed so they wouldn't be put out of business.

A UFO actually crash-landed at Roswell NM in 1947. The Air Force conducted autopsies on the bodies of the aliens from the crash, and constructed their own flying saucers.

After a while, I get a headache from all this paranoia. The internet simply has allowed any kook who isn't taking his medication a forum to broadcast his dementia to the world. This is quickly picked up by other paranoids who aren't in treatment or aren't taking their meds also and rebroadcast further. Eventually, enough paranoids are spewing their dementia that some normal (but gullible) people start wondering whether the paranoids are correct. They start spreading it thinking it might be true and before you know it, the press has picked up on it and is reporting this dementia as fact. This is how such fantasies come to be believed in by so many.

I for one think that journalists (and anyone who reads news or watches TV news) should be issued a shock-proof Bull$hit Detector and trained in its proper use. Were this done, these conspiracy theories would die a quiet death in the padded cells of insane asylums. Until this happens, let the buyer beware.

Let me give two more examples:

"The sky is Falling!" Chicken Little

Do you believe me?

How about this one: Pigs do fly... They just don't show up on RADAR!

I for one am investing in Kevlar-reinforced umbrellas to protect myself from the falling Pig$hit that is sure to come down any second.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back