American 77 Pentagon Crash Video Released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cpt Splash said:
Here's question. Is it possible that our governemnt shot down the airliner then fired a missle that hit the pentagon, this way they cover their tracks in shooting down an airliner?

Oh it's possible alright. However it's much more likely this is footage of one of those Bush administration black helicopters; color enhanced of course. You know the ones that fly through your neighborhood listening to you talk to grandma on mother's day. Oliver Stone is that you?

Stupid Comment

SEVEN said:
Still looked blurry. I guess you can kind of make out a slight image of a wing. I find it hard to believe that no security cameras actually got a full picture of the entire airplane. It seems strange that one of the most secured and video taped buildings in the country would not have captured a picture of the airplane.

YOU don't have a need to know!

SEVEN said:
Still looked blurry. I guess you can kind of make out a slight image of a wing. I find it hard to believe that no security cameras actually got a full picture of the entire airplane. It seems strange that one of the most secured and video taped buildings in the country would not have captured a picture of the airplane.

Let's think about this from 'their' perspective. If YOU were trying to hide something as big as this and you had all the resources of the government... wouldn't you go out of your way to make sure there was a public video out there, somewhere, that showed a crystal clear image of the 757??

If anything, the fact that it's kinda blury should validate the video. It's a cheap security camera trying to record an object moving at 350+mph.

Cpt Splash said:
Here's question. Is it possible that our governemnt shot down the airliner then fired a missle that hit the pentagon, this way they cover their tracks in shooting down an airliner?

I really hope you said that with a wink Splash. To begin with, it would require more than one missile - a lot more - to do that much damage to a hardened structure like the Pentagon - designed that way - go figure! I am amazed at the conspiracy theorists who campare the impact/debris of the world trade center to the pentagon and thus claim missile theory - don't you think these buildings are constructed a bit differently?

Next, if we had shot down that 757, where did it come down? On a clear, blue sky morning, nobody saw the fireball/wreckage? When aircraft, especially big ones, get shot down, they make a big mark on the ground/big splash when they hit.

Also, think about all those who would have to be complicit in the conspiracy: ATC, military involved in the shootdown, military shooting the "missles" ,eye-witnesses who claim to have seen the pentagon impact, military members at the pentagon - including a Navy guy I know and have spoken to - who tried in vain to rescue some victims from a burning office area but were unable due to the intense heat and smoke from the fire which they absolutely described as burning from the unmistakable smell of jet fuel (kerosene). Missles are not propelled by jet fuel - research it yourself if you want to see how rockets/missles work.

I won't even go into the significant level and number of government officials who would have to be involved. But my point is, don't you think someone would give up the goods and have a conscience if this was all a cover-up?

Especially in today's "google" age, you can easily research and find confirming evidence to support whatever you want to believe. There are plenty of people out there who will supply you "evidence" that the Holocast never happened or that Neil Armstrong really landed in the desert somewhere or in a dormant volcano crater but not on the moon. But does such "research" make these conspiracy theories true? There are still humans involved - as such it is much more difficult in real life than on the big screen to keep such an enormous ruse under wraps.

As to why the lack of info from GWB on down - who knows - lot's of lack of good info from DC these days. My guess it part of a large scale "C.Y.A. "as to how unprepared our air defenses were that day. But, people are very correct when they say we should have had more info in the public long ago - for nothing else but to keep the "Oliver Stone" imaginations at bay. To begin with - there most certainly is an ATC tape somewhere of that airplane as it went low and fast toward downtown DC - speculations is maybe looking for white house?? - turned around - did a 270 degree turn and flew into the pentagon. What harm would it be to show this? I don't know - much "I dunno" about that day still exists, but there is no way we shot down that 757 or that a missle strike did that damage.

Ben

Benjamin Dover said:
...Next, if we had shot down that 757, where did it come down?
Not that it proves/disproves anything, but not all conspiracy theorists believe it was shot down. Some believe it either never took off,
http://www.serendipity.li/wot/aa_flts/aa_flts.htm
or it was diverted to somewhere, and the people/plane "disposed" of (extremely far fetched and very unlikely, but definitely possible).

...Also, think about all those who would have to be complicit in the conspiracy...
Arguable point, but I agree that it'd be a hard thing to keep secret, especially given the amount of leaks this administration have endured.

...including a Navy guy I know and have spoken to... ...fire which they absolutely described as burning from the unmistakable smell of jet fuel (kerosene)....
Then there are the eyewitnesses who swear they smelled cordite...
http://www.911review.com/attack/pentagon/witnesses.html
Oh, who to believe... lol

...but there is no way we shot down that 757 or that a missle strike did that damage.
I can't argue with you, because I don't have enough knowledge to know how much damage a missile could do to the Pentagon.

All in all, I tend to agree with you. A government conspiracy is too scary of a scenario, given the serious consequences it'd have for this great country we live in. However, I must also admit I find the conspiracy theories quite fascinating, and they *do* raise some poignant questions. Questions that make me raise an eyebrow or two... I'm having fun reading them :D

At the very least it was an absolutely incredible piece of airmanship on behalf of the hijacker to pull off the attack. If you look up the ground track the 757 does a descending 180 and then levels off at something ridiculous like 2 or 3 feet off the ground until impact. All at an incredibly high groundspeed without contacting the ground until just before impact.

Not bad for a guy that was deemed totally incompetent by his former instructor. I guess if you think you're going to have 100 virgins waiting for you in the afterlife you can do just about anything.

There had to be people out and about that clear day who saw a speeding low flying aircraft. Why don't they speak up?

I was in the building that day and felt the impact. I have friends that saw the plane impact.

The reason its hard to get it on tape or to get rocksolid eyewitnesses is that the plane was moving very fast in a place that no one was looking for it. If you are looking perpendicular to the flight path ,like that security camera or the average driver on the highway, the time the full speed airplane is in your field of view is just a fraction of a second. Without an expectation of it being an airplane, it takes all your brain bytes just to figure out that it is an airplane. You just don't have time to make a more positvive ID.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back