• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LAZYB

Time wounds all heels.
America West, pilots reach tentative contract deal
Friday October 24, 11:23 am ET

CHICAGO, Oct 24 (Reuters) - America West Airlines said on Friday it has reached a tentative agreement on a new three-year contract with the union representing its 1,700 pilots.
The deal is subject to a ratification vote by members of the Air Line Pilots Association (News - Websites) . The vote will begin around Nov. 1, and results are expected as early as Dec. 1, the two parties said.

Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Now the "Senior Captain Bitch-fest 2003" kicks into high gear! This negotiating committee has done a great job but some people will never be satisfied. Should be an interesting month from the right seat.

Posted AWA Yahoo investment site

To: All AWA Pilots
Re: NMB Negotiations

The Negotiating Committee and your MEC have developed a tentative agreement that the company has accepted. The Agreement that we are providing to you contains substantial improvements to the issues left unaddressed in the failed TA. We believe that we have captured every value-added enhancement that is available during this period of negotiations.

There was a blurb in Monday's USAToday about the TA...they quoted 14% payraises, enhanced retirement, etc. Can anyone confirm this?

PositiveRate;

Don't believe the 15 % blurb you read in the paper, especially
USAToday. The "alleged " 15 % was more than offset by give backs in other areas from what I have been told. Retirement 7% into "b" plan, compared to 10.2% at Air Tran and 10.8%at ATA with funding not to start until Jan 2005.A lot of Mickey Mouse incentive programs for picking up open time (and the Mesa guys will love this one ) a 90,000 MTOW restriction for Scope Protection. Isn't that what the new EMB 170's weigh in at?
From what I have heard ,I don't think this TA will pass the ratification process. Stay tuned.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. I was surprised when I logged on and didn't see anybody talking about the TA. Makes sense now...

Latest resources

Back