America West jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AZ Typed said:
no offense AWA guys / gals...but your schedules never match the web / OAG / boards, anything. it makes life quite difficult for everybody and perhaps you may want to use this in your favor for the next round of negotiations in a few years. i know we've bought tix elsewhere because we couldn't depend on any schedule at AWA - thanks for all the rides over the years we have caught though!

What in the world are you taking about? I only meant that our former employee (supposed to be employee only) PBT site hasn't had its schedule updated.

How would this have anything to do with our negotiations?

Americawest.com is always up to date and always seems to match my Phoenix Flight guide book put out by the airport authority. It also matches our reservation system - SHARES.

I guess I'm not following you here.

Cactus73 said:
What in the world are you taking about? I only meant that our former employee (supposed to be employee only) PBT site hasn't had its schedule updated.

How would this have anything to do with our negotiations?

Americawest.com is always up to date and always seems to match my Phoenix Flight guide book put out by the airport authority. It also matches our reservation system - SHARES.

I guess I'm not following you here.

I've never had any experience with the PBT site - so I don't know anything about it's accuracy. The AWA website hardly ever matches the routes we are looking at. I don't disagree that the PHX schedules are accurate - 8 out of 10 times they are. However, I've had to "readjust" numerous times though when I've planned to travel on flights on the AWA website (not PBT) only to show up to an empty monitor and gate at the airport. How can you use this in negotiations? Think about the fact that AWA management's inability to keep a schedule up to date turns away revenue. No revenue, where do they usually go for money - the pilots. It's a small bullet, but a bullet no less.

And you know what else? Tell the AWA managment to get with the times and start scanning tickets. WIth SWA in your backyard you'd think this would be a no brainer. With ticket agents starting boarding 25 prior using antiquated techniqes - I rarely leave on time. Not a big deal to me ... but again, the PAX notice these things (though it really doesn't matter, they still hate leaving late). Again...just observations that you could stack in your favor if needed.

AZT

xrated said:
He's probably looking at an OAG thats two years old?

Nope. Does this mean I'm using a 2 year old website, too?

AZT

*not trying to start a war, just providing some feedback*

Is there a phone number to call to find out the loads on America West flights? Also, is there a way to see the loads online using americawest.com?

thanks!!

Midnight Flyer said:
Is there a phone number to call to find out the loads on America West flights? YES 800-894-7277 Also, is there a way to see the loads online using americawest.com?NOT FOR NON-EMPLOYEES

thanks!!

THERE YOU GO

I don't know what you guys are talking about. According to the company, as of Jan 4, AWA no longer exists. :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back