America West Airline crew arrested KMIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airbus 314?

One of them Media "Aviation Experts" no doubt...

:eek:

I'm a little surprised that everyone is making light of this situation. This is a really sad day for our profession. Two supposed professionals were about to carelessly and recklessly put the lives of their crew and passengers in remarkable danger. This at a time when it is everything the industry can do to hold itself together.

I just don't see anything at all funny about this situation.

FlyinBrian -

I think it is funny that these guys are so stupid to throw their careers down the toilet. Thankfully they got caught if the evidence proves to be true. 2 pilot positions are now open at HP. Maybe those who will hold their jobs in higher regard will fill them.

Maybe pilots will learn from this for a few years. A.K.A Northwest Airlines. How soon we forget.

Hmmmmmmm........

perhaps these guys were following the example of Adam and Jimmy from The Man Show???

Seriously, though, did anyone think that maybe they were only smelling the Listerine that these guys just gargled with? I know that's a consideration, albeit a longshot, when asked in an interview what you'd do if you smelled alcohol on the Captain's breath. And Yes, Listerine will shoot a breathalyzer through the roof as it is about 50% alcohol. I think we need to be careful about condemning these guys before they get a fair shake, even though I myself am inclined to believe that they may have been under the influence. Posts higher up have already made light of media inaccuracies a la the A314RJ. that is now flooding the market. If nothing else, this is going to be a good learning experience for everyone, involved or not. Enough of my conspiracy theories and left field rants. I'm out for now. Back to my own bottle of hooch.

Aceshigh

P.S. One more theory......Maybe it was an Al Qaeda plot to eliminate airline pilots two by two through intoxication therefore taking advantage of our heightened stateof alert. It's not so farfetched considering the quality of security people. I'm just surprised they could smell liquor over their own funk.:p

Note: It take 15-25 minutes for the alcohol in Listernie and other mouth washes to disipate. If you "claim" to have just taken Listerine just a few minutes before your blow test - you are put into isolation and have to blow again. It's pretty simple :(

I am very skeptical of the media due to their "ignorance" and lack of knowledge of aviation as a whole so I won't subject myself to "one sided" stories about this report- "IF" this plays out to be true then it is once again a black eye and a very sad day for commercial aviation however it is very easy to jump on a bandwagon that is moving at a high speed at the present time so I guess be patient and wait till the "facts" are brought out by the FAA and law officials, I sure hope this is not true as many have said.

I just find it highly unlikely that any flight crew would do such a thing after it took them years to "earn" that pilot position- (go figure)

C H E E R S

3 5 0

I think TIM47SIP and EAGLEFLY are both incorrect...

Check the FAR/AIM but, I believe the reg reads...."if you can't throw a beer bottle more than 8' from the aircraft you are considered unfit to excerise your authority as Pilot in Command or a Required Crewmember".......

And to think all that CFI training was wasted...

Latest resources

Back