America West Airline crew arrested KMIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Union guy

Good comment about involving your rep in this type of situation. So many people say at interview they would run to Dispatch, or the station Flight Manager, if they must deal with a drunken crewmember. You have to do the right thing by everyone. You have to deal with it, but not be a rat or a$$hole. I know that the answer looked for at interview is how you would handle an untenable situation while showing you're "part of the team."

Just the same, both of these guys exhibited extremely bad judgment. They indeed deserve to have the book thrown at them, legalities aside, for being selfish. Too bad the public might well judge all pilots by the actions of these two guys. I wonder if the public might consider that some pilots don't drink at all (odd, but true).

Thanks Guys

Boy, flying for a U.S. airline sure sounds like fun!!

Let's admit it these guys ruined the professional reputation of pilot's all over the world. Today, I got in the taxi after a flight, first thing the cab driver said was: " Hey, want a beer?"

Oh, well it only takes a couple to ruin it for everyone.

"Oh my God......a crew went out and got loaded on an overnight. What the he11 is going on here. All of you 121 fliers out there tell me that you have'nt done that and I will call you a liar. It makes me sick seeing these guys handcuffed sitting in a waiting area. Give them a little respect for crying out loud."

I have seen the enemy, and he is us.

Well, maybe you have'nt flown for an airline yet, but when you're there, you don't do that s@#t.

It's called proffesionalism.

Oh my God......a crew went out and got loaded on an overnight. What the he11 is going on here. All of you 121 fliers out there tell me that you have'nt done that and I will call you a liar. It makes me sick seeing these guys handcuffed sitting in a waiting area. Give them a little respect for crying out loud."

Respect is earned, not given. Actions like this are sure to decrease not only respect these pilots have earned, but the respect most other pilots have worked hard to earn. Some of us take our profession a little more seriously than others. Perhaps if you choose to work up to this level in aviation, you'll understand the contempt we feel for those who debase the profession.

Like many of us, I've worked too hard to get to this level to break a rule as easy to comply with as that one. Call me a liar if you wish, but I've never operated an aircraft under the influence and don't forsee that happening in the future, since I've never had an affinity for alcohol.

I hope your flying doesn't display the same "rules don't matter" attitude your post does.

Regards

No big deal

I don't know what the big deal is. If these guys got caught now, I highly doubt it was the "first time" they had been loaded while flying. Hell, I have flown drunk before,as long as you know you have an easy route and no ILS approaches it's no big deal.

That was either poor irony, or cheesy flame bait. Either way, I sincerely hope nobody takes it seriously.

Latest resources

Back