Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Just yet another reason why I want to work at this carrier!

Alaska Airlines Will Serve Alaskan Amber On Flights
Wednesday September 28, 2:03 pm ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines customers will soon be able to enjoy a craft beer produced in the state of Alaska on board flights and in the airline's Board Room airport lounges.

Starting Oct. 1, Alaska Airlines will serve Alaskan Brewing Company's award-winning Alaskan Amber complimentary in first class and for $5 in the main cabin. Passengers also will be able to sample some of Alaskan Brewing Company's seasonal ales throughout the year.

"We're proud to have selected a quality beer company from our namesake state," said Tom Romary, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing. "We look forward to sharing this Alaska-produced product with passengers throughout our route system from as far south as Mexico and as far east as Boston."

Alaskan Brewing was the most award-winning small brewery in the country at the 2004 Great American Beer Festival. In addition, Alaskan Amber is among the fastest-growing craft beer brands in the nation, according to industry expert Information Resources Inc. in Chicago.

"Separately, Alaska Airlines and Alaskan Brewing are Alaska-born companies that are among the brightest success stories in their industries. We credit that to the customers who have built and expanded the horizons of each," said Fred Hees, Alaskan Amber sales and marketing director. "Starting next week, the two of us will join forces to deliver a taste of the Alaska experience on every flight."

Founded in 1986, the Juneau-based Alaskan Brewing Company is distributed throughout Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Nevada and Arizona. In addition to Alaskan Amber, the company produces Pale, ESB and Stout year-round in addition to a distinguished line of seasonal beers. Visit www.alaskanbeer.com for further information.

Alaska Airlines and sister carrier, Horizon Air, together serve 88 cities through an expansive network throughout Alaska, the Lower 48, Canada and Mexico. For reservations visit alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air newsroom at http://newsroom.alaskaair.com .

Makes me want to jump on a Alaska flight. I love that stuff, got hooked when i flew out of ANC and spent many nights in Humpy's Ale House and the Bush Company. Had some earlier this month on a trip to Seattle to see Mom. Just can't find any in Fla. Maybe I should fill out an app.

surfnfly said:
Makes me want to jump on a Alaska flight. I love that stuff, got hooked when i flew out of ANC and spent many nights in Humpy's Ale House and the Bush Company. Had some earlier this month on a trip to Seattle to see Mom. Just can't find any in Fla. Maybe I should fill out an app.
A nice pint of Alaskan Amber at the Glacier Brewhouse or the Fancy Moose in PANC... Good Times!

Make that the IPA at the Brewhouse for me!

Heck, you can even make that for an early lunch as my whip is over in China somewhere!!

:D .

You heading that way anytime soon Capt? or you skipping the PANC thing now?

Gulfstream 200 said:
Make that the IPA at the Brewhouse for me!

Heck, you can even make that for an early lunch as my whip is over in China somewhere!!

:D .

You heading that way anytime soon Capt? or you skipping the PANC thing now?
Looks like we do PANC on the westbound only (between the winds and Russia/China restricting max altitudes, pretty tight to try to go non-stop westbound... If we only had another 500 miles range! :rolleyes: )... And we 3 man it, so mearly a fuel stop now... I think our stays in PANC are going to diminish a fair amount... dang those Gulfstreams! ;)

Take note from little bro Horizon - complimentary beer/wine!!!! I almost want to commute through PDX to get to SEA just for that reason (ok, not really).

Latest resources

Back