Am I ready for a regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But I guess I do say dude a lot.

Hey so do I, and if anyone wants to give me crap about it, or tell me that I'm unprofessinal for telling my first officer "Hey Dude, how are ya?" or "Hey great job today bro" then that person can get on both knees and lick my cojones amigo.

I went to Riddle also....... And I know RP170.. I'm pretty sure we can both pull more ass than the rest of you And if we saw you in a bar I'm definitely sure we wouldn't have a problem mopping the floor with you. We also don't put pictures of girls up as our avatar that you would have no chance in hell of getting. And even by chance you were able to date her after she saw your pay checks she definitely wouldn't stay with you. :laugh:

What the hell am I doing on this board? Oh yeah, I was just about to see how much $ in tips and Hilton points I made this last seven day trip. Musta got sidetracked and wanted to see exactly why I left the regionals.

Hey RP how is the move back to FL goin?

Last edited:
Hey RP how is the move back to FL goin?

So far so good. Closing on the house on Feb. 21. I went and checked it out today. It looks great!

You slaving it on the X or is it not too bad? The Ultra's been pretty layed back.

I'd love to post an avatar of my wife on here but I don't want to make the SIU guy jealous. Hit me up when you are in MCO.

not really bad at all...the first few days of dec. were pretty busy but then it really went dead...maybe 2 or 3 legs a day..I've also spent a few days in a hotel in New Orleans(during the Championship game) and a few days in Wisconsin for the Packers/Giants game...I haven't gone coast to coast in a month either..

yeah since my wife spent so long as an FA she'd be recognized immediately by someone on this site.

If I ever get to MCO I'll give ya a call.. I forget where in MCO you are goin? We'll end up movin to FL eventually..

Thank you guys, I do get jealous easily. You know us SIU guys, no good looking women around!

I have been on the Riddle campus, all guys. But you did get the vacationing spring breakers.

Oh yeah, I was just about to see how much $ in tips and Hilton points I made this last seven day trip. Musta got sidetracked and wanted to see exactly why I left the regionals.

IMHO the acceptance of a tip is unprofessional, contributing to the view of pilots as bus and limo drivers - the hired help. We are professionals. We should act as such.

These guys don't tip the other professionals in their lives such as doctors, lawyers, and accountants. Please - for the sake of the profession - have some pride.

I strongly encourage you to just say something like, "No thank you, Mr. Smith, it's all part of doing my job. Enjoy your vacation, I hope to see you soon."

WHAAAAAAAAA???

I'll gladly take a tip for a charter.

...the people handing out a tip are many times flithy rich which makes me look like a pauper most times. I really don't think they sweat ~$50 bucks when they just dropped thousands on a private flight.

IMHO the acceptance of a tip is unprofessional, contributing to the view of pilots as bus and limo drivers - the hired help. We are professionals. We should act as such.

These guys don't tip the other professionals in their lives such as doctors, lawyers, and accountants. Please - for the sake of the profession - have some pride.

I strongly encourage you to just say something like, "No thank you, Mr. Smith, it's all part of doing my job. Enjoy your vacation, I hope to see you soon."

Are you for real? I hope you are just being facetious. If these airlines want us to act as professionals, than they should pay us as such! These so called "unprofessionals" like bus and limo drivers who accept tips are paid more than any regional FO and more than some regional captains. And that just counts their base pay not including tips. They are paid nearly as well if not more than many mainline FO's.

If I am offered a tip, I will sure as he** take it!!

Latest resources

Back