• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I ready for a regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure you have your share of dorks, tools, super pilots from SIU as well. Riddle has a much bigger flight program, thus it's logical that you'll run into more of them that fit the persona you always describe which, overall, is a very small percentage.
Umm....an SIU guy wouldn't cry on this message board like a little girl :).

I flew corporate for a few yrs. before skw. The owner ran a construction company - but had grown up in southern California surfing his whole life. He was 50 yrs. old back in the mid 90's. He called everyone Dude (if he liked you). If he didn't you then became a "peice of sh#t" . Both of these terms are now a big part of my vocabulary.

I laugh because I still call my FO's "Dude". Does this qualify me ? I still have enough hair to put gel in- but choose not to at 43.

Good luck with your job search ...... Dude.

34 and I say "dude" plenty of times a day. No wife or kids either if that makes any difference.

Always a Riddle issue with you isn't it? Riddle wasn't my first choice. I was medically discharged from the Air Force Academy after suffering nerve damage in my shoulder (suprascapular neuropathy) and then finished my education at Riddle. I guess I'm a tool as well huh?

It appears that you are the real tool for always making such rash statements and generalizations about Riddle grads all the time.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to justify that Riddle grads fit a certain persona constantly on this board, well then more power to you I guess.

I personally find it degrading and I'm sure a large majority of other successful Riddle grads that have worked hard throughout their education, training, and careers do as well.

All of us have different backgrounds as far as education and training go. Who cares where you went? I don't understand how you can categorize a group of pilots from a certain school as different from another group from where you attended school. I'm sure you have your share of dorks, tools, super pilots from SIU as well. Riddle has a much bigger flight program, thus it's logical that you'll run into more of them that fit the persona you always describe which, overall, is a very small percentage.

I do agree with Gulfstream in your list though. That's a whole different league than any 4 year college program.
So you can check the Riddle dork on the list, but unless you can check five others then you are alright.

I flew corporate for a few yrs. before skw. The owner ran a construction company - but had grown up in southern California surfing his whole life. He was 50 yrs. old back in the mid 90's. He called everyone Dude (if he liked you). If he didn't you then became a "peice of sh#t" . Both of these terms are now a big part of my vocabulary.

I laugh because I still call my FO's "Dude". Does this qualify me ? I still have enough hair to put gel in- but choose not to at 43.

Good luck with your job search ...... Dude.

Here's the thing. Saying dude has nothing to do with being professional or not. It depends who you say it to. You say it to some FOs b/c they're fun to fly with and you feel comfortable. But of course if a customer approaches you you're not going to say "Hey dude! What can I help you with?"
Some people here are just full of s*** and say anything to seem more professional than others.
Rock On.

You guys are missing it, saying dude was only one box to check, you must combine saying dude with five other things to be ready for a regional.

You guys are missing it, saying dude was only one box to check, you must combine saying dude with five other things to be ready for a regional.

The funny thing about all of this is that everyone here is a regional pilot. Regional pilots talking s*** about regional pilots. Just priceless.

The funny thing about all of this is that everyone here is a regional pilot. Regional pilots talking s*** about regional pilots. Just priceless.
Yes, we are all regional pilots because we can check six of the nine boxes.

For me

Ipod, Lots of hairgel, I do say dude, live with my parents, have oakleys, and a backpack(for food). So I do qualify.

Although now that I am leaving for NetJets I am not sure what boxes I will need to check for them.

Ipod, Lots of hairgel, I do say dude, live with my parents, have oakleys, and a backpack(for food). So I do qualify.

And you say the Riddle guys are dorks? Sounds like you aren't ready for NetJets yet. You must have really fooled them in the interview.

Last edited:
Ha, I guess I pulled one over.

In all seriousness though, if you get angry with someone poking fun at your school you have issues. If you cant laugh at yourself you must have real issues.

And I was exagerating, I dont even have any hair left to use gel in. And my parents passed away a few years ago in a crash. But I guess I do say dude a lot.

Yes, we are all regional pilots because we can check six of the nine boxes.

For me

Although now that I am leaving for NetJets I am not sure what boxes I will need to check for them.

They'll be the same boxes dude. Once a regional pilot, always a regional pilot. Like my dad use to say "A monkey in a suit is still a monkey."
So even now that you'll have a much bigger pay check, and a nicer uniform, you'll now be able to afford more expensive hair gel, sun glasses, say dude, and once you realize how much money you can keep putting in the bank while living with your parents, you'll never move out! LOL. Congrats on the new job.

Latest resources

Back