am I current? opinions, please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bobby,
Just as a reminder, they don't call them comp checks anymore. Now, if you need to become current, the CFII must do all of the things you would have to do to pass a current instrument checkride. They now call them proficiency checks, and I agree that this would be the best route if someone doesn't feel proficient. However, whether they are current legally is another story, and we all know that current doesn't equal safe. Thanks to all.

Skydiverdriver,
61.57 (c) Instrument experience says that the IPC must include only "an instrument proficiency check consisting of a representative number of tasks required by the instrument rating practical test" You don't have to do "all of the things you would have to do to pass a current instrument checkride." An IPC is very much like a flight review.

Utah pilot,
you cannot do the approaches in a sim by yourself. 61.51 (g)(4) "A flight simulator or Flight training device may be used by a person to log instrument time, provided an authorized instructor is present during the simulated flight.

Good luck getting current. I'd do an IPC if I were you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back