Alteon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jimpilot

Anyone work for Alteon? I have an interview set up and am wondering what kind of company they are to work for.

Please feel free to comment

Alteon...who me?

Where and what would you be doing at Alteon? Based upon your posted ratings I can not imagine why you would ever come close to this group. This is a Boeing fragmented outfit. How would you fit in this organization anyway? Nothing personal, but I don't see any corporate pilots in this really disfucntional organization.

Spooky 1 said:
Where and what would you be doing at Alteon? Based upon your posted ratings I can not imagine why you would ever come close to this group. This is a Boeing fragmented outfit. How would you fit in this organization anyway? Nothing personal, but I don't see any corporate pilots in this really disfucntional organization.

There is more to my background then my posted ratings.

I would not be working as an instructor however.

I am interested in your comment about disfunctional organization. Care to share? I'll PM you.

Last edited:
I worked for Flight Safety Boeing/Alteon on a part time basis for 3.5 years. In fact, I was working for Boeing full time prior to it's start-up and they tried to recruit me into management. I went over on a part time basis after leaving Boeing. They were great to me and thanks to Midnight Mike ( my favorite scheduler ) I always had work when I wanted it.

I'm not sure what the other poster means in regards to them being a disfunctional organization either. Boeing had issues with quality control in regards to their former Flight Safety International people/centers so they decided to take FSI out of the picture. I didn't see any of that first hand as I worked at a former McDonnell Douglas/Boeing center that only integrated some former FSI people, who were all very good.

I think each location has a different character based on their lineage. Midnight Mike would have more recent info as he is still working there. Although he went missing in London recently ;)

TP

typhoonpilot said:
I worked for Flight Safety Boeing/Alteon on a part time basis for 3.5 years. In fact, I was working for Boeing full time prior to it's start-up and they tried to recruit me into management. I went over on a part time basis after leaving Boeing. They were great to me and thanks to Midnight Mike ( my favorite scheduler ) I always had work when I wanted it.

I'm not sure what the other poster means in regards to them being a disfunctional organization either. Boeing had issues with quality control in regards to their former Flight Safety International people/centers so they decided to take FSI out of the picture. I didn't see any of that first hand as I worked at a former McDonnell Douglas/Boeing center that only integrated some former FSI people, who were all very good.

I think each location has a different character based on their lineage. Midnight Mike would have more recent info as he is still working there. Although he went missing in London recently ;)

TP

How do they treat their employees? Their managers? People seem happy?

Again, I can only speak about one specific training center. The atmosphere where I worked was very good. A really good group of guys; many ex-Continental (who never went back to work after the 82 strike), as well as retired AA, retired Air Force, and others.

I worked on a hourly contract basis with no benefits since I was part-time so I can't tell you too much about the package they offer full time employees. I also couldn't tell you about office politics etc. for the management side since I wasn't involoved with that either. As with any big company these days, the bean counters are in control.

What position are they hiring you for ?

TP

JimPilot

I work for Alteon, if you want, send me an email
[email protected]

What center will you be working out of, Alteon has about 21 Training centers around the world?

As far as the company, Alteon pays above industry standards and treats their people very well, of course, people are what really make the company, and you are always going to have a bad apple here & there.

Now, as for me, I have been working for Alteon for about 7 years now, great company to work for, as Tim said, I was working in the Alteon-Gatwick office for the past 30 days, will be back in Long Beach for two weeks, & then back to the Gatwick office for another 30 days.

If you email me, will be more than happy to give you my work number so that we can chat & I will attempt to answer your questions.

Mike

It just depends on which center you go to. My wife was a scheduler in Seattle for 5+ years. The Seattle center just went back to Boeing. They Alteon folks are treated like second class citizens, and it is very dysfunctional.

They are paid a lower scale, don't get the same treatment during travel, Boeing employees must ride in at least business class, Alteon ride in coach. The upper management is just like any other aviation management, they don't really have a clue what is going on.

Latest resources

Back