• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA's newest message to East US Airways Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt any pilot "would have loved to strike".... That isn't anything someone should "love to do".....

That being said, at a certain point, ALPA has the choice to declare a national SOS.... It could have been done, but it wasn't.....

One pilot group cannot stand alone..... If everyone isn't willing to lay it on the line, then don't expect anyone else to lay it on the line....

Well said Joe- I don't think people realize how nasty a strike really is, or how long it may last. Ragarding laying it on the line- it's ALWAYS easier to put someone else's butt on the line than it is your own. Everybody wants the gain, but nobody wants the pain.

Personally, I can't blame ALPA for the post 911 concessions. It was ultimately the ELECTED representation that made the calls, and it was the PILOT GROUP that voted for them. I do feel that ALPA stopped the bleeding from being worse than management intended for it to be.

No union and the transfer of aircraft from the "east" to the "west".....Naaaa. They aren't voting for a union free east. They are voting for an IN HOUSE UNION. Personally, I think it is the way to go. Heck- ALPA's merger policy isn't worth the paper it's written on. It's a total JOKE!

Frankly, I'm all for kicking East out of ALPA. They remind me of the APAAD group. In fact, I beleive most of APAAD is made up of USAir (East) pilots.

Look, I have friends at East. I wish nothing but the best for them. That said, ALPA merger policy is something they agreed to and knew all along. Now they want to whine like 5 yr olds and go play in their own sandbox.

Am West saves their airline and now they want to change the rules of ALPA policy when it doesn't go their way. Just like APAAD, who knew the age-60 rule, wants to change federal law now that their 60 and things aren't going their way.... a way they agreed to, and more importantly BENEFITTED FROM their entire career.

Kick East pilots to the curb! Sorry guys, I hate to be so divisive about labor but you're asking for it.

Nice reference to TWA...Pot, meet Kettle....Kettle, meet Pot....

stlflyguy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back