• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Albie, If you are now into that ALPA machine and running the safety side, good on you, I applaud your efforts to help.

But, I'm calling you out on this one, please clarify with some of the GOOD ALPA has done for ALPA pilot contracts?

Is it PBS?

Stand-up overnights?

Retirement plans turned over to the US Government?

Furloughs?

If ALPA contracts are so good, why did Cactus/USair debacle happen?

Why did TWA get screwed?

Why did ALPA outsource 30% of all flying to subcontractors?

You mention safety, which CEO do you think wants to pack one in? Is that a good business decision to be unsafe and allow that to happen?

There is nothing in the SWAPA contract with SWA that you can point to and say "hey, thanks ALPA".

Correction, we actually have a Section 1 which prevents domestic codeshare, so in essence, the failings of ALPA provided us the leverage to get it done, thanks ALPA.
And yet with all of your blather, ALPA will win this one.

When Marko Ramius posts, it's best to read his opinion. It's always well thought out.

Between Kalifornia's and Marko's posts on this thread, I have reevaluated my deeply embedded anger toward ALPA. It's not healthy and it doesn't resolve any of my complaints against the organization. I am now formulating a method to turn my frustration into a positive force for change once I'm back on the line. That, and I'm digging through legal rulings on their failure to comply with Duty of Fair Representation.
At United, there were 2172 of us furloughed on the first go and 1437 currently on furlough. Not all of us will return but almost all of us have quite a bit of anger over the way multiple issues were handled by our union. If we're able to stay on property long enough, we have the potential to become a very potent force within the framework of the union.
Andy, if you were all powerful and could go back to 1999 and knowing what you now know, what would have done differently? And how would those decisions change where you and the rest of the industry happen to be? Let's give you, as the alpa chief, unadulterated reign.

One ping Marko.... Just one ping!!!

Vasili, you mean.

"Re-verify range to target...
....One ping, Vasili, one ping only."
Ramius gives orders, doesn't carry them out.
:)

"Capt. Vasili Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Captain Ramius: I suppose.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: No papers?
Captain Ramius: No papers, state to state.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Captain Ramius: Oh, at least."

Or if we want to get with the current AT/SWA debate:
(Fred Thompson) Admiral Josh Painter: "This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!"

Captain Ramius: "... and the sea will grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home." Christopher Columbus.
Jack Ryan: Welcome to the New World, Captain.

Um, excuse me, but there is that pesky lawsuit that alpo lost...all because national misled the TWA pilots. National marches to the beat of a different drummer as compared to the locals they supposedly represent.

Oh I got it.....

So grab the populist view and blame NATIONAL for what the AT MEC voted down.... Gotcha! You're Right....

When Marko Ramius posts, it's best to read his opinion. It's always well thought out.

Between Kalifornia's and Marko's posts on this thread, I have reevaluated my deeply embedded anger toward ALPA. It's not healthy and it doesn't resolve any of my complaints against the organization. I am now formulating a method to turn my frustration into a positive force for change once I'm back on the line. That, and I'm digging through legal rulings on their failure to comply with Duty of Fair Representation.
At United, there were 2172 of us furloughed on the first go and 1437 currently on furlough. Not all of us will return but almost all of us have quite a bit of anger over the way multiple issues were handled by our union. If we're able to stay on property long enough, we have the potential to become a very potent force within the framework of the union.

Good Post Andy....

Best of luck on a return soon..... I know I do my part by trying to push senior guys down the lounge stairs......:)

Latest resources

Back