ALPA Wake up! DOH NOW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Looking at the huge screw job Midwest Pilots and Frontier pilots are about to get, ALPA needs no address the greed certain pilot groups have, in not embrassing DOH. Pilots are shortsighted and DOH is the closest you can get to a National seniority list.

This relative seniority crap and taking a snapshot of a pilot list and then placing longtime former airline captains behind new hires needs to stop.

Like when ALPA endorsed RJ flying, they made the same mistake by abandoning DOH. ALPA is a spineless operation, that only is interested in the dues you pay.

Pilots wake up! DOH is fair. The problem is that pilot greed trumps and the shortsightedness of this young pilot generation is a huge problem that needs to be corrected.

DOH NOW with C and R.

M

Looking at the huge screw job Midwest Pilots and Frontier pilots are about to get, ALPA needs no address the greed certain pilot groups have, in not embrassing DOH. Pilots are shortsighted and DOH is the closest you can get to a National seniority list.

This relative seniority crap and taking a snapshot of a pilot list and then placing longtime former airline captains behind new hires needs to stop.

Like when ALPA endorsed RJ flying, they made the same mistake by abandoning DOH. ALPA is a spineless operation, that only is interested in the dues you pay.

Pilots wake up! DOH is fair. The problem is that pilot greed trumps and the shortsightedness of this young pilot generation is a huge problem that needs to be corrected.

DOH NOW with C and R.

M

Ummmmmm NOOOO. At least 4 arbitrators disagree with you also. (1 for Usair and 3 for Delta)

Bye Bye--General Lee

MCD-bag, does your boyfriend "embrass" you after he drills you in the tar star?

:laugh:
Its not embarASSing if you enjoy it!
PBR

McDU,
You should "embrass" the union and try to change this arcane policy from within. Have you tried that?

Nah...he was too busy trying to collect decertification cards back then. More productive use of his time, I guess......:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

DOH sure is "fair" if you happen to be working for a failing carrier and then get merged into an airline with great seniority that will keep your job alive. On the other hand, if one hires with a healthy airline and has every expectation of a decent career and then ends up furloughed because his carrier merges with a sicker carrier for "strategic reasons" (read as money making for management) then I suppose there may be more than one side to the story.

We all make our own beds when we sign on with a carrier, and it is not 'fair' for us to bring our problems to the feet of another pilot group because one is in fear of losing their job. I have no interest in a national seniority number and never will, and I used to be TWA. Since deregulation the airlines act in competition with one another and consequently so must the respective pilot groups. The partition that exists between respective carrier unions isn't perfect but it is the only 'fair' way as it allows all of us to make our own decisions about whom to apply too and accept employment, and then deal with the consequences of those decisions. A national seniority list will do little to mitigate merger infighting and resulting lawsuits. I also disagree with the notion that we would have greater bargaining power with a national seniority system. You would simply see more Jet Blue's and Virgin America's come into the fore.

Unfortunately, there are no garauntees that the carrier we choose will be well managed and that our lifestyles will be maintained. The only people with those garauntees have generally never had to worry about employment or lifestyle maintenance and never will. That would be the one's who run these companies who have no regard for those "insects" who work for them.

All I can say to that is welcome to America and blind, market reliant capitalism.

DOH sure is "fair" if you happen to be working for a failing carrier and then get merged into an airline with great seniority that will keep your job alive. On the other hand, if one hires with a healthy airline and has every expectation of a decent career and then ends up furloughed because his carrier merges with a sicker carrier for "strategic reasons" (read as money making for management) then I suppose there may be more than one side to the story.

We all make our own beds when we sign on with a carrier, and it is not 'fair' for us to bring our problems to the feet of another pilot group because one is in fear of losing their job. I have no interest in a national seniority number and never will, and I used to be TWA. Since deregulation the airlines act in competition with one another and consequently so must the respective pilot groups. The partition that exists between respective carrier unions isn't perfect but it is the only 'fair' way as it allows all of us to make our own decisions about whom to apply too and accept employment, and then deal with the consequences of those decisions. A national seniority list will do little to mitigate merger infighting and resulting lawsuits. I also disagree with the notion that we would have greater bargaining power with a national seniority system. You would simply see more Jet Blue's and Virgin America's come into the fore.

Unfortunately, there are no garauntees that the carrier we choose will be well managed and that our lifestyles will be maintained. The only people with those garauntees have generally never had to worry about employment or lifestyle maintenance and never will. That would be the one's who run these companies who have no regard for those "insects" who work for them.

All I can say to that is welcome to America and blind, market reliant capitalism.

:beer:

Very well said!

Latest resources

Back