• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Wake up! DOH NOW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only now, because UAL is sinking, are idiots like UALiar spouting buzz words like brotherhood etc. to get a National List to take away YOUR job if he loses his. National List my ass, we all see what you're doing UAL, you're not fooling anyone.

I hear that from the United pilots in the Paris hotel crew room all the time. What a great family CAL and UAL would make, how we would all just love one another no one would lose their job or seniority. Why, it just makes sense don't you know?

I reminded one of the especially obnoxious United pilots of the following:

"One less airline can make a difference"

And it is too damn bad that your S!#B airline did not go away in the 80s during its 2 Ch11s. Having to compete with your airline with your d-scale pay and workrules the last 25 years has made it very difficult on the rest of us. I don't work for Ual, but applied there like most everyone else in the early 90s and don't understand the constant bashing. They may have been a little cocky but who would not have been. Fast upgrades, good equipment, bases, routes, etc. Oh yeah, one more thing contract 2000. The absolute jealousy of some of you amaze me.

I hear that from the United pilots in the Paris hotel crew room all the time. What a great family CAL and UAL would make, how we would all just love one another no one would lose their job or seniority. Why, it just makes sense don't you know?

I reminded one of the especially obnoxious United pilots of the following:

"One less airline can make a difference"

United is out of money again, bankruptcy, wash off the debt and cut pilots/ pay and whamo....exit bankruptcy...all is fixed. We have a new airline...

There will never be a national list...move on the something else.

True enough. I remember when Midwest was a highly desirable place to be and nearly as impossible to get on with as Alaska. We are all on a wheel, I am afraid, and it is not a matter of if but when our respecitve carrier hits the bottom of the revolution and everything disintegrates.

Good luck to all of us.
Well this so called wheel u talk about must be flat because we're all at the bottom

And it is too damn bad that your S!#B airline did not go away in the 80s during its 2 Ch11s. Having to compete with your airline with your d-scale pay and workrules the last 25 years has made it very difficult on the rest of us. I don't work for Ual, but applied there like most everyone else in the early 90s and don't understand the constant bashing. They may have been a little cocky but who would not have been. Fast upgrades, good equipment, bases, routes, etc. Oh yeah, one more thing contract 2000. The absolute jealousy of some of you amaze me.

Regardless of what you may think of me or anyone else, publishing a sticker and wearing it on one's flight bag wishing thousands of people lose their jobs for your own benefit is utterly unacceptable. I see United pilots sank to the same low level as anyone else when their backs were/are against the wall so I don't think CAL pilots cornered that market. The rank and file pilot is no more responsible for the privations that occurred at CAL the pilots are at UAL. If you want to pretend that CAL invented all this then go right ahead. Seems to me you may want to express at least some anger at people like Lorenzo, Icahn, Mullin, and Tilton just to name of few, rather than blame pilots and wish they and their S/B airline would go away.

Jealousy? Why would I be jealous? I like the entitlement notion of UAL's rightful survival over another carrier that you imply with your vitriolic post. That is the same crap I hear in the Paris crewroom. Given the utter horror that my colleagues have had to endure, and bear in mind that out of 5000 pilots less than 500 are scabs, the vast majority of these people don't deserve to be treated with the degenerate contempt you represent.

Believe it or not, there are some of us that are perfectly happy not flying for United (with those wonderful fair-minded hiring practices of the late 80's and 1990's) and some of us don't even want to fly for Southwest. Not that a Southwest pilot would ever believe that.

I don't wish you ill, I have lost a job and know what it is like to be where the UAL pilots are. Having said that, I don't intend to give up my job for anyone else's sake. Good luck to you and your endeavors and everyone at United.

Last edited:
You get what your seniority buys. Nothing more, nothing less - regardless of how long you've been with an airline. If it isn't buying you what you want - try someplace else and see if you do better there.

Trying to force your pain on someone from an airline you're merging with is a bunch of crap.

As far as trying to be selective when picking the right company, it cannot be done in this industry. In the end you just have to use all the data you can get at the time of interviewing and make an educated guess.

Maybe some Southwest guys will call B.S., but you just never know where a company will be in ten years down the road. And as crazy as it sounds, you never know where Southwest could be 10 years from now as well....simply based on what I have seen from other companies that were at the top of their game. No offense to SWA, great company, odds very high they will still be at the top....however....

Example: I was a 2000 new-hire at UAL and we were at the top of the industry then......if someone in a time-machine from 2009 came back to 2000 and told me I would be furloughed and I would choose not to take the recall....I would think it was a joke. Looking back, knowing what I knew then I still wouldn't have changed a thing and went UAL.

Currently, I am at AirTran....many of the senior guys here started when I was at United as a new hire. Some wanted to stay, but a lot wanted to get their jet time and move on. Then BAMN...9-11 happened....and the guys who wanted to leave realized they were stuck for awhile (nobody was hiring). After everything settled down, AirTran had changed from a place to build time and move on into a long-term career move. Those guys made a great career move by default, since nobody was hiring then.

Many captains that I had flown with back when I started said they lucked out by staying here....some of the guys had class dates at various majors but never made it to class due to 9-11. I guess my point is no matter how much you research a company, things can change quickly. It is sad to see what has happened to UAL over the last 10 years. I simply cannot believe Tilton still has a job....he has destoyed that place.

Great news....MCDU just got hired at.......(drum roll please)....MCDONALDS. They use DOH to operate the fryers. DOH is dead in the water, it's called Federal Law.

Great news....MCDU just got hired at.......(drum roll please)....MCDONALDS. They use DOH to operate the fryers. DOH is dead in the water, it's called Federal Law.

Sorry guys, false reporting.....the job was at U-Wash-Me. No DOH there, sorry.

Latest resources

Back