Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA vs IBT Who will represent the RAH pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

So the writing is on the wall. RAH purchases Midwest and Frontier. Midwest and F9 are both ALPA pilots groups. On the otherside of the gutter you have the IBT RAH pilot group. Who will represent them both when everything is said and done?? How is it decided?Will there be a Civil war among the pilot groups? Big bank take little bank??? Comments???

I dont think Frontier is ALPA... I think they have an in house union... not that it matters.

Back to your Barbie jet pdub.

F9 has an independent union called FAPA. RAH is IBT, and MEH is ALPA. Unfortunately, under standing NMB rules, a representational election is only called if the merged group has more than 30% of the total combined bargaining unit. MEH and F9 are so small that their acquisition will not trigger a representational election unless the NMB sees fit to modify the rules, which is unlikely. With that in mind, the larger group's union would survive, which would be the IBT.

F9 has an independent union called FAPA. RAH is IBT, and MEH is ALPA. Unfortunately, under standing NMB rules, a representational election is only called if the merged group has more than 30% of the total combined bargaining unit. MEH and F9 are so small that their acquisition will not trigger a representational election unless the NMB sees fit to modify the rules, which is unlikely. With that in mind, the larger group's union would survive, which would be the IBT.

What about Lynx? Wouldn't it be up to 30% anyways?

CHQ (u know the real name) has kicked @ss and taken numbers under IBT! Go on and get urself some $5/hour raise for the 190's U PIMP @SS MF'ers!!!!!!!!

What about Lynx? Wouldn't it be up to 30% anyways?

Actually, you're right. I didn't realize that Frontier had so many pilots until I went over to APC to take a look. A representational election may be a reality after all.

Actually, you're right. I didn't realize that Frontier had so many pilots until I went over to APC to take a look. A representational election may be a reality after all.

You don't realize a lot of things. Especially how bad PFT is for the industry. Even worse is PAY FOR JOB!

I thought they weren't represented at all at this point. Where do they fall in that case?

If they operate completely seperate from one another isn't it useless. ASA and Skywest are operated as seperate companies.....

RAH has to merge them per contract with the IBT. At least that is what I understand. Is Bedford asking the IBT for scope relief or F9 for scope relief? Or are they going to merge? I'm confused now.

Latest resources

Back