• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ALPA vs IBT Who will represent the RAH pilots?

pdub20s

Total Time
So the writing is on the wall. RAH purchases Midwest and Frontier. Midwest and F9 are both ALPA pilots groups. On the otherside of the gutter you have the IBT RAH pilot group. Who will represent them both when everything is said and done?? How is it decided?Will there be a Civil war among the pilot groups? Big bank take little bank??? Comments???

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
I dont think Frontier is ALPA... I think they have an in house union... not that it matters.

Back to your Barbie jet pdub.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
F9 has an independent union called FAPA. RAH is IBT, and MEH is ALPA. Unfortunately, under standing NMB rules, a representational election is only called if the merged group has more than 30% of the total combined bargaining unit. MEH and F9 are so small that their acquisition will not trigger a representational election unless the NMB sees fit to modify the rules, which is unlikely. With that in mind, the larger group's union would survive, which would be the IBT.

Nevets

Total Time
F9 has an independent union called FAPA. RAH is IBT, and MEH is ALPA. Unfortunately, under standing NMB rules, a representational election is only called if the merged group has more than 30% of the total combined bargaining unit. MEH and F9 are so small that their acquisition will not trigger a representational election unless the NMB sees fit to modify the rules, which is unlikely. With that in mind, the larger group's union would survive, which would be the IBT.

What about Lynx? Wouldn't it be up to 30% anyways?

nimtz

Total Time
?
CHQ (u know the real name) has kicked @ss and taken numbers under IBT! Go on and get urself some $5/hour raise for the 190's U PIMP @SS MF'ers!!!!!!!!

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
What about Lynx? Wouldn't it be up to 30% anyways?

Actually, you're right. I didn't realize that Frontier had so many pilots until I went over to APC to take a look. A representational election may be a reality after all.

gt1900

Total Time
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize that Frontier had so many pilots until I went over to APC to take a look. A representational election may be a reality after all.

You don't realize a lot of things. Especially how bad PFT is for the industry. Even worse is PAY FOR JOB!

The Drizzle

I is a Airline Pilot!
Total Time

I thought they weren't represented at all at this point. Where do they fall in that case?

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
If they operate completely seperate from one another isn't it useless. ASA and Skywest are operated as seperate companies.....

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
RAH has to merge them per contract with the IBT. At least that is what I understand. Is Bedford asking the IBT for scope relief or F9 for scope relief? Or are they going to merge? I'm confused now.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
I thought they weren't represented at all at this point. Where do they fall in that case?

Frontier pilots are represented by their own independent union called FAPA (Frontier Airline Pilots Association).