ALPA snubs AMFA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Redmeat said:
Your last name wouldnt happen to be Steenland, would it?

No.....not at all.

And your point ?

320AV8R

Last edited:
320AV8R said:
No.....not at all.

And your point ?

320AV8R

No real point. It is just that in the two weeks I have been following this forum, mostly because of current events, I dont see where your comments are doing NW pilots any favors.

320AV8R said:
See post number 19 in this thread.

320AV8R

I read it. I also noted that occured in 1998 which was a whole different era in the airline industry by todays standards. As far as I am concerned it is a lame excuse and flawed logic by NWA ALPA.

The only way all employees in any class and craft will ever regain anything is by sticking togethor. You and your NWA bretheren are fools if you think Steenland won't come back for more from the pilots. Unionism is not about settling scores.

Really a disgusting situation. However it is of no surprise to me given the abysmal actions of ALPA on a national and local level over the past few years.

Boeingman said:
I read it. I also noted that occured in 1998 which was a whole different era in the airline industry by todays standards. As far as I am concerned it is a lame excuse and flawed logic by NWA ALPA. .

Bman-

The post states 2005, not 1998....

IN 2005....ALPA SUGGESTED THAT ALPA, AMFA, AND PFAA ALL JOIN FORCES TO COLECTIVELY BARGAIN AGAINST NWA MANAGEMENT. AMFA AND PFAA TOLD NWA ALPA TO F-OFFEATSH!TANDDIE. Numerous attempts to have AMFA and PFAA join ALPA were rebuffed, saying that THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED, AND WANTED TO BARGAIN ON THEIR OWN.

The only way all employees in any class and craft will ever regain anything is by sticking togethor.
I agree.....however, the mechanics and pilots are different crafts.

You and your NWA bretheren are fools if you think Steenland won't come back for more from the pilots.
We know he's on the way....and are expecting him.

Really a disgusting situation. However it is of no surprise to me given the abysmal actions of ALPA on a national and local level over the past few years
I agree.

320AV8R

Redmeat said:
No real point. It is just that in the two weeks I have been following this forum, mostly because of current events, I dont see where your comments are doing NW pilots any favors.

My intention was to "correct erroneous posts", not really do any favors.

When false or misleading information is posted, from people far removed from the situation, who, in most cases are stating opinion rather than fact, I was trying to set the record straight. (sorry for the run-on sentence).

I work at NWA, and a lot of the sh!t that's posted about this situation is inaccurate. Any infractions I bestowed on the pilot group was unintentional.

320AV8R

Pilots urge other Northwest unions to take cuts

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - In an effort to preserve jobs and save Northwest Airlines from potential bankruptcy, the head of the pilots union is urging other unions to accept cuts.

Last November, Northwest's pilots accepted a 15 percent pay cut, becoming the first of the airline's major labor groups to ratify a contract that reflects the company's financial situation.

Northwest airline lost $458 million during the first quarter and is attempting to reduce its annual labor costs by $1.1 billion.

"The time has come for all union leaders to move beyond denial and anger and act responsibly for the good of their members," said Mark McClain, chairman of the Northwest branch of the Air Line Pilots Association.

The pilots' new contract saves the Eagan-based airline $265 million a year, and Northwest has reduced the compensation of its salaried employees by $35 million a year.

"Northwest, just like the other major carriers, cannot avoid bankruptcy if it continues to lose money at the current rate. It's that simple," McClain said in a memo to Northwest pilots.

A Northwest spokesman declined Wednesday to comment on the pilots' memo. Andrea Fischer Newman, Northwest's senior vice president of government affairs, did not speculate on the potential for a bankruptcy filing.

Latest resources

Back