• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA pulling cheap crap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA has a lot of experience doing this, I kind of doubt that they would make a bunch of rookie mistakes. I'd be willing to bet that JA and company don't want them there more than they want to be there.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid or something?
Easy,
Those of us who have been at SKYW for more than a few years know how powerful the brain freeze that accompanies the delicious frozen kool-aid that flows from the SKYW Slurpee machine installed in the training center. It takes immense will power to keep from picking up the issued insulated mug and swilling the heady brew. Time and observation are the only weapons to combat the brain freeze, that will allow one to see through the kool-aid fog.
Good luck
PBR

Using your EXACT reasoning, I ask you this. If Jerry wanted SKW to fly jets at Mesa rates, why didn't he impose them back in 2000 or earlier? After all, ALPA's main argument is that we "need" a contract because without one Jerry could just impose poverty level wages on us...

He did impose Mesa rates on you. They're close on the 700, but Mesa makes more than you on the 900. Seeing as how the 50's are stagnant or shrinking, it seems to me that the 70/90 rates are what's important. The ignorance of your pilot group amazes me. News flash: Your 70/90 rates are bottom of the barrel!!! You have become the new Mesa. Maybe you guys need ALPA just to protect you from your own ignorance.

5, 10, 15 yr CRJ900 CA:

Mesa: 67, 77, 89
SkyW: 63, 74, 86

5, 10, 15 yr CRJ700 CA:

Mesa: 62, 72, 83

Last edited:
He did impose Mesa rates on you. They're close on the 700, but Mesa makes more than you on the 900. Seeing as how the 50's are stagnant or shrinking, it seems to me that the 70/90 rates are what's important. The ignorance of your pilot group amazes me. News flash: Your 70/90 rates are bottom of the barrel! You have become the new Mesa in that arena.

5, 10, 15 yr CRJ900 CA:

Mesa: 67, 77, 89

5, 10, 15 yr CRJ700 CA:

Mesa: 62, 72, 83

Your ignorance and/or total lying BS amazes me...mesa hourly rates are meaningless because THEY HAVE NO WORK RULES!!! THEY ONLY GET PAID THE COMPANY-DEFINED AVERAGE BLOCK....no rigs, NO PAY for wx, atc, de-ice, long sits, 30-hour overnights, no bonus, etc.

Reading this kind of garbage in the last few months has caused me to conclude that alpa is pack of lying tools who will do or say anything to further their agenda...whatever the hell that is...

You thug clowns are pushing this crap so hard there must be a reason for it, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. But I'm starting to suspect it will NOT benefit SKW pilots...otherwise why all the LIES and underhanded tricks???

BTW, comparing my old mesa-alpa pay stubs with my SKW paystubs shows about 40-60% more pay for SKW (with more days off too...)

I understand the value of work rules, believe me. However, I do not see them as an excuse to have pay rates lower than Mesa. Yeah, maybe your work rules put you above Mesa in total compensation, but is that really something to be proud of?

I understand the value of work rules, believe me. However, I do not see them as an excuse to have pay rates lower than Mesa. Yeah, maybe your work rules put you above Mesa in total compensation, but is that really something to be proud of?

You just don't get it do you?

Latest resources

Back