• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA pulling cheap crap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would give anything to see your face had Atkins purchased mesa instead of ASA. All of you suck-ups would be singing quite a different tune.... Atkin would have approached Mesa with a payscale that undercut YOU and all of a sudden Mesa would be getting ALL of skyw holding companies new airplanes.

Using your EXACT reasoning, I ask you this. If Jerry wanted SKW to fly jets at Mesa rates, why didn't he impose them back in 2000 or earlier? After all, ALPA's main argument is that we "need" a contract because without one Jerry could just impose poverty level wages on us...

Yep, they tried. I was there. Although I didn't accept a card or any literature, others took some cards with no idea what it really was...

That chick that was there with the legal pad of paper shoved it in my face and told me they need some information from me. Having a moment of stupidity I put my name/phone/email on it. I just hope it wasn't some sort of sneaky way to put my name on an authorization list. Maybe some of you ALPA guys can shed some light on this...

That chick that was there with the legal pad of paper shoved it in my face and told me they need some information from me. Having a moment of stupidity I put my name/phone/email on it. I just hope it wasn't some sort of sneaky way to put my name on an authorization list. Maybe some of you ALPA guys can shed some light on this...

Go to the SkyWest Alpa site, and post your question there.....

Have you seen JA's salary at Skyw? He needs you not to vote in a union so he can keep yall flying larger a/c for 200 pay and he can keep his extremely high pay.

That's the weakest pro-union argument so far. The man has stayed with SKW for 34 years taking it from a single aircraft run to the premier regional. Everybody at the top of the company save one has been there for 20+ years. How long has LaBreque and his management been at ASA?

The more SKW makes in profit the more each employee earns due to performance and operational bonuses. It comes out to an average of $4500 per year for captains. Does ASA have this?

Ok listen to this,

Alpa is coming around the newhires at Skywest and grilling hotdogs on the first day of their ground school to make a good impression.

Here are some highlights.

-Some MEC from ASA was up here talking about how great ALPA was (really hows that been working out for your guys) he had the retarded nerve to tell the newhires that if ALPA was not voted in at SW that skywest runs the risk of being "stapled" to the bottom of ASAs list "once the two airlines merge. Hey ASA MEC, its a bad idea to come to SLC and threaten new hires (especially, when 90% are x-alpo members) stapled to the bottom of your list, really? hows TWA doing? WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!

-Asking newhires to fill out "information" cards, when you read the fine print, they are not information cards, they are a petition for ALPA, you dirt bags.

-ASA we will not let a merge happen, no way in hell

-ALPA is a corporation, that favors the majors, its just business.

-Hey other ALPO Pilots, answer this question

NAME A REGIONAL THAT IS ALPA THAT IS DOING GOOD/BETTER THAN SKYWEST, THERE ARE NONE

Alpa will burn Skywest to the ground!!!!

Hey Brad,

Nice try. Your letter from the other day didn't work either.

My buddy at SKW groundschool said that they basically told him that he had to fill out the "card" to get a free hamburger.

He later got an email from SKW management advising him he had actually signed a petition (same as mentioned earlier). I guess someone in managment got ahold of the 'petition' and copied all the names off of it. I told him he had nothing to worry about as he wasn't one of the instigators, more like a victim.

He was unhappy about getting chastised by name before he even took the GOM test!

My buddy at SKW groundschool said that they basically told him that he had to fill out the "card" to get a free hamburger.

He later got an email from SKW management advising him he had actually signed a petition (same as mentioned earlier). I guess someone in managment got ahold of the 'petition' and copied all the names off of it. I told him he had nothing to worry about as he wasn't one of the instigators, more like a victim.

He was unhappy about getting chastised by name before he even took the GOM test!

Any chance that SW is not the one being honest here? And threats?

I don't know why ALPA would do somehting of that nature since a court challenge or even the threat of one would nullify the petition.

Here is how it really went down and how the BBQ worked out.

I personally came up with this tactic, knowing that it would ensure 100% participation from the skywest pilots.

Tell the skywest pilots that we are having a BBQ.

Advise them that they can come to the BBQ for free.

Advise them that if they fill out the card they can have steak.

Once they fill out the card just tell them we don't have any steak.

When the SKYW pilots notice that the leadership at the BBQ is eating steak, just tell the SKYW pilots that "we don't want to talk about it right now".

Give them the hamburgers.

Mission Complete. :)

Everybody got the email. Not just those who signed. Quite the conspiracy theory though...that Brad chastised him by name. HA!

Ask any Horizon pilot who has been there 6 years or more if they'd rather go back to the way things were when they did not have a union contract vs. having union representation today.

Latest resources

Back