• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its hopeless Mr. Green, I was first stating facts and correcting Delta guy's "Facts" and he turns it into a "which job is better" match when you prove him wrong time and time again. He lives in a hole.

All EK pilots agree Emirates plays an unfair game in regards to labor costs for unskilled workers.

It is quite clear the threat Emirates now poses to legacies in regards to widebody international.

I could personally care less if Emirates flies from Europe direct to America. I was just relaying the news and I get attacked for it.

Its just a job to me. Flying DXB-MXP-JFK-MXP-DXB for a 6 day trip just means I will be away from my family longer.

Love it or hate it, Emirates is a behemoth. Cities like Detroit are begging them for service.

Who really should feel threatened is FedEx and UPS, not Delta. All that junk from china and africa goes through Dubai, than to America, Aussie, Europe instead of on Fed Ex.

EK skycargo just started service to O'hare on their 777's from copenhagen.

EK Skycargo is soon to become the world's biggest "cargo airline" in terms of international kg per mile. The cargo in the belly is where the money is made...the premium seats on top is just GRAAAAVVVY.

The US legacies are primarily protected by distance. EK can try to get slots or gate space for more INTL flights, but they may be tougher to get than you think. Right now you have 1 flight not being nonstop from DXB to the US (MXP) and you are claiming it's over for us? What? Which other countries other than Italy (broke btw), has ALLOWED it? Most, other than Italy for you guys and Greece (gave EY authority for ATH to JFK) won't allow it. Try Germany and France, see what they say? How about Japan or Korea? They want their own airlines to thrive. I guess you can try Australia, but Qantas will likely say NO, since they gave you some Europe connections. So, please come up with some examples, maybe some other broke nations that need your help. Doubtful....

And DL, Hawaiian, and ALPA are trying to stop your misuse of those cheap loans. Sounds like you don't care, so no biggie.

EK Skycargo will be big, but again that will move oversized cargo in and out of DXB to SE Asia, Africa, etc. If you move into the parcel business, UPS and FedEx, much bigger than your airline, will get involved and pound you back into sand. If your country doesn't allow the competition, then SkyCargo will lose slots here and in Europe, and you will lose.

The good thing here is that focus is shifting towards the ME and examining the airlines, and if there are things that aren't fair, they are dealt with now. That's good. I see more restrictions occurring because of the subsidies and unfair labor practices etc. Protectionism from Europe and Canada may spread if these issues aren't dealt with.

Bye Bye---General Lee

with the developement of longer range airplanes, Dubai will be irrelevant anyway...no long term worries for the US or European airlines.....

Delta has 25 million Skymiles members, always looking for that extra upgrade in status. (buying a European Ticket really adds to it) AA and UA have the same. All 3 also have huge connections, along with EK's tie to Jetblue. So, I have a feeling everyone will be alright. And thanks to the downturn in the Italian economy, not everyone will be able to afford a 1st class ticket on EK, with it's ultra diamond premium service. Also, when those guys get off the super duper rich first class seat from the EK 773, do they really want to get on a JB flight to LAS? With the "commoners?" Hardly. They want to sit in First Class with larger seats ALL THE WAY....

That's not what I asked.

with the developement of longer range airplanes, Dubai will be irrelevant anyway...no long term worries for the US or European airlines.....

Longer range than the 777-300ER and 777-200LR of which EK has many? Haven't seen those on the drawing board yet. But i'm sure you are right. Emirates will soon be irrelevant once UAL starts operating routes like Cochin direct Houston or Accra direct Guangzhou.

Longer range than the 777-300ER and 777-200LR of which EK has many? Haven't seen those on the drawing board yet. But i'm sure you are right. Emirates will soon be irrelevant once UAL starts operating routes like Cochin direct Houston or Accra direct Guangzhou.

Heard Delta was going to fly heathrow direct Sydney (20+ hours flight time) and put "Emirates + Qantas" out of business ;)

General lee and Andy are prime examples why pilots make the worst stock traders...even when they were wrong, instead of cutting their losses and moving on, they still think of excuses why they are right, until the blow up their account

Bummer about Boston. This country is full of 'bigots'.

Last edited:
Hey Sherlock...read the title.

As to the DAL guys moral high horse...ha! Your Skyteam partner airline is Saudia...you want to talk about subsidies & fuel prices ..and worker practices...

...and human rights? Not a problem for you guys when it's your partner ..is it?

Won't even mention your Chinese partners and freedom of speech.

Cry me a river

fv

its funny how this thread drifts, below is a summary

ALPA recognizes the threat Emirates poses
Emirates' unfair advantages
BTW, Emirates is going to start Milan-JFK 5th freedom, fyi
No, never ever, impossible says many that Emirates cannot and will be stopped

Not likely. Emirates is stepping into the middle of a p1ssing contest between US and Italian authorities. Besides, as I stated previously, JFK-MXP doesn't meet the criteria to grant 5th Freedom rights.

Emirates is no longer a threat
My job at Delta is better than your job at Emirates
Emirates officially announces its 5th freedom route to JFK and Milan
My job at Delta is way better than your job at Emirates.
Muslims are all terrorists
My layovers at Delta are better than yours

As long as unions, voters, and lobbyists can influence Congress members, it won't happen here. One Congressman from an airline hub city can throw a wrench in any foreign plan. Sorry Sugarsugar. Have fun in Dhaka.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Emirates is now a threat again
Emirates is a bad job because of a training bond
A random Airbus 320 schedule from a different airline is bad, so logically a 777 schedule for Emirates is bad
I can be captain at Emirates before you because I'm better
Delta is a better job, again
Emirates is now somehow bad again because there was a bomb in Boston

its funny how this thread drifts, below is a summary

ALPA recognizes the threat Emirates poses
Emirates' unfair advantages
BTW, Emirates is going to start Milan-JFK 5th freedom, fyi
No, never ever, impossible says many that Emirates cannot and will be stopped

Emirates is no longer a threat
My job at Delta is better than your job at Emirates
Emirates officially announces its 5th freedom route to JFK and Milan
My job at Delta is way better than your job at Emirates.
Muslims are all terrorists
My layovers at Delta are better than yours

Emirates is now a threat again
Emirates is a bad job because of a training bond
A random Airbus 320 schedule from a different airline is bad, so logically a 777 schedule for Emirates is bad
I can be captain at Emirates before you because I'm better
Delta is a better job, again
Emirates is now somehow bad again because there was a bomb in Boston

You are right, I am from Boston and say f--- all the Gulf Airlines,
I am not discriminating anyone. Once a war breaks with Iran don't call for help m--- f---

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back