• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Varmit, how big is your pension in the Isle of Man?

Does the US Gov't know about that?? :0 Anyway, another thing I would like to ask is how many marriages have been disrupted by the Sandpit move? What happens if you bring your wife and kids over and they hate it? Just a question. I know there are expat areas that try to keep people together, but I have heard interesting stories, and some bad ones. What if the wife wants to stay closer to family in the States?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Does the US Gov't know about that?? :0 Anyway, another thing I would like to ask is how many marriages have been disrupted by the Sandpit move? What happens if you bring your wife and kids over and they hate it? Just a question. I know there are expat areas that try to keep people together, but I have heard interesting stories, and some bad ones. What if the wife wants to stay closer to family in the States?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think the divorce rate here is any higher than the 50% rate in the states. I personally know of 2 cases where the families came to join and didn't like it here. Shortly thereafter, i found out later from the guys by email that the whole family bought tickets on another carrier and quietly left the country. Good for them. It's definitely not the place to be if you are going to hate it.

Why did they have to buy tickets on another carrier and quietly leave? Do they not allow you to resign? You have to run away?

I don't think the divorce rate here is any higher than the 50% rate in the states. I personally know of 2 cases where the families came to join and didn't like it here. Shortly thereafter, i found out later from the guys by email that the whole family bought tickets on another carrier and quietly left the country. Good for them. It's definitely not the place to be if you are going to hate it.

I didn't HAVE to move here, I chose to. We will see how it works out on our respective retirement dates after a clear career path is known. Until then, everything is an unknown so there is no point in arguing or debating which career path is better. This game is not over until you actually retire. To assume otherwise is extremely arrogant.

You did not?

I thought you told me a few posts above uncle sam and my family bought you the 737 type? simple fact: you cant get hired by a major here thats why you went there......

keep dreaming abiut a long term carreer there and talk to us after 4 years... i know at least 20 pilots there that want to come back and work for a major here.

be true to yourself and to your country or change your wardrobe. you sound like the Usair captain there that everyone talks about how he became an emiratii

good luck

germany was first then Canada now the US government will follow
the sanctions. Lets see

What's up with the censoring of anything Etihad over on pprune? Are they lopping off heads over there for speaking your mind?

CleeIB
Administrator
Etihad discussion prohibited
PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted.

What's up with the censoring of anything Etihad over on pprune? Are they lopping off heads over there for speaking your mind?

Somebody might answer your question, but they probably don't want to be sued by Petty-Nads, after they have a court force the website owner to divulge their personal details.

You did not?

I thought you told me a few posts above uncle sam and my family bought you the 737 type? simple fact: you cant get hired by a major here thats why you went there......

keep dreaming abiut a long term carreer there and talk to us after 4 years... i know at least 20 pilots there that want to come back and work for a major here.

be true to yourself and to your country or change your wardrobe. you sound like the Usair captain there that everyone talks about how he became an emiratii

good luck

germany was first then Canada now the US government will follow
the sanctions. Lets see

If Obama continues to screw this nation as he has been doing, there won't be an America left worth returning to.

Why did they have to buy tickets on another carrier and quietly leave? Do they not allow you to resign? You have to run away?

Just like any carrier, when you accept an offer of employment the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. You bear the responsibility of ensuring that you will be happy at your new job and your family will be happy in their new location. To NOT bring your family out to explore Dubai prior to accepting a job here is absolutely stupid.

If they did not quietly leave they would have had to repay the company any monies paid out to date such as the $20000 interest free car loan, the $8000 furnishing allowance (if unfurnished accom was taken), and $36000 in training costs if you don't stay 3 years and you passed your check ride before you decided to leave. To them it was cheaper to buy a ticket, leave, and not pay the company back.

Last edited:
Training bond? That alone speaks volumes.

Latest resources

Back